desperate need for physics help !! (1 Viewer)

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
ok...in physics we have just started our 3rd module - moving about - this term which means that we are supposed to get both it and cosmic engine done before the end of week 8, cos we have exams week 9 & 10. plus we are going on our snowy excursion week 4 which means we miss out on another week to try and learn it all. we've talked to our teacher heaps of times about how far behind we are and he says that cosmic engine is pretty much the same as the space module yr 12 and that it will only mean a little bit of extra work next year if we dont get it done (which i know we wont)!!

I really want to go good in physics this year and next so i was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how i can try and learn the stuff we wont get up to this year, so then i dont have as much next year. if ya have any ideas pleease tell me cos nothing isnt working at the moment! thanx heaps xxx

Huy

HSC
N/A
reading ahead?

you could start by reading the textbook (i recommend excel physics if you're short of time). at least that'll give you some understanding before it is taught.

just skim over the work, you don't have to understand it, as long as you get a feel for moving about/cosmic engine (8.5 the cosmic engine is heaps better than 9.2 space in my opinion).

that's all i've got, sorry :)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
jacaranda physics + excel works fine for me

i used contexts for the 3rd topic - moving about

it has lots harder questions than the other two books

^___^
HSC
well, she can obivious ask the HSC students here to help her out, since that topic is related to Space in a way...(or 2u maths)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Yeah, whats stoppin ya from readin ahead?
Damn, if somefin like that happened at my school I see it as an advantage. Cos that wud mean all the bludgers will die come exam time, but me, cos i read ahead :p. Be happy and use ur situation to ur advantage!

and moving about is easy, coming from a non-bias POV. its just "physics", in that i mean ultra-common-sense stuff. the math involved never exceeds arithmetic.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
hey thanx guys! i'm gunna read ahead and try and learn the stuff from excel. hopefully it should help. discovered the other day a few people are having same problem as me so we are gunna go to the head teacher to see if he can do something about it.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
ehehe moving about is self explanitory...
read through and ahead in your notes / text book
apparently cosmic engine there is hardly any calculations... but alot of theory.. so i guess u just haftfa read and summarise it.. not as many formulas as moving about

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
theory, that is ok i guess, easier for me to remember than having to do practical stuff and calculations. its still gunna be tough trying to get through it all. oh well, i'll live i guess

^___^
HSC
just be prepare to ask...if u dunno something, ask....
if u ain't sure of something, still ask, coz it might built on something later and if u ain't 100% sure, it will be ur disadvantage

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
hey, you know? i neva ddi the fourth module at school, -.- anyways it was all goods coz the teacher neva tested us and PLUS it was revised in year 12..

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by sukiyaki
hey, you know? i neva ddi the fourth module at school, -.- anyways it was all goods coz the teacher neva tested us and PLUS it was revised in year 12..

erm... is that even legal?
like... u can sue ur school for not coverin the set syllabus in the alotted time, and somehow connect it to a poor hsc result two years on?!

Giant Lobster

HSC
sif
my 'spare' time is painfully carved out of my sleeping time so i only manage about 5 hrs a day.

what a predicament... this is bad. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)