Detentions (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hello hello,

I was told by a friend that detentions will be on my record even after leaving school when they disperse portfolios of schools in yr 12. My detentions were minor (i.e: a phone used in a school that has adopted phones and an alteration/argument with a student on Snapchat) so I'm getting worried as this may affect my chance of getting into med. Its a competitive field and I stress that this can end very badly. Any thoughts?

cossine

HSC
Hello hello,

I was told by a friend that detentions will be on my record even after leaving school when they disperse portfolios of schools in yr 12. My detentions were minor (i.e: a phone used in a school that has adopted phones and an alteration/argument with a student on Snapchat) so I'm getting worried as this may affect my chance of getting into med. Its a competitive field and I stress that this can end very badly. Any thoughts?
No smoking. I don't think it is recorded.

Anaya R

HSC
do unis look at suspensions when getting early entry apps?
Honestly, I have no idea. I suspect it may be a secondary factor, since some may change after a suspension, especially if the suspension was in primary school. On the other hand one would have to consider that frequent suspensions or serious suspensions such as for drugs/violence could be an issue in the long term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)