developing (1 Viewer)

Someguy123

Hey
just wondering ( for someone) how you further develop a relationship with a teacher ( of whom you dont currently have for any classes but have in a previous year) Current situation: The teacher sees you around and they say hi then you say hi
and also when u see the person/teacher like 10 metres away are u just meant to smile? lol thanks for replies

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
what kind of a relationshup to do want to have with your old teacher? :confused:

Someguy123

lol its for my girlfriend a and she just wants to have a friendly realtionship ( i.e. she thinks the teachers was nice and a good teacher n stuff) and she just wanted to know how she is meant to do this considering she doesnt have the teacher anymore and its mainly just the teachers saying hi to her not her doing anything. if u get me?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
LOL go friendly terms, its like having ex teachers you smile and walk away.
if you are in the comfort of making a convo then start one, if not proceed in what you are doing lol

Someguy123

lol its just if you just do that ( smile say hi) after a few months it completely fades away you know, to a wave then nothing at all

Lainee

HSC
lol, it's strange how people think teachers are a completely alien breed of humans. :p Just say hi, ask how their new classes are (since the year is beginning and all), ask how their holidays were, then talk about ur own holidays... well you know, it develops from there. :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol
well, when she's free, have a chat with him/her on a regular basis

Lainee

HSC
and 10 metres away? Go 'Hey, Mr Smith.' with a wave and start walking towards him and presto! you're no longer 10 metres away. :rolleyes:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol cos when i had sdd last year
like i kept stressing out abt the assignment and some close teacher kept fishing me outta the water to help me LOL
this year he does the same lol

Someguy123

Originally posted by Lainee
and 10 metres away? Go 'Hey, Mr Smith.' with a wave and start walking towards him and presto! you're no longer 10 metres away. :rolleyes:
lol thats so true i guess lol never though like that! ur smart. but like if ur walking into a classroom and they r walking into one or something but yeah

Someguy123

lol, it's strange how people think teachers are a completely alien breed of humans. :p Just say hi, ask how their new classes are (since the year is beginning and all), ask how their holidays were, then talk about ur own holidays... well you know, it develops from there. :p
lol i guess but she is fairly quiet and like if she is just seeing this teacher between calsses when they are both walking by you cant really just stop and go yeah. But i will check with her and see coz if this teacher has recees/lunch duty near where she sits then its a defienant possibilty

Lainee

HSC
Err.. I think it's best if you don't 'plan' the meeting too much... teachers tend to think that you've got family problems or something when you head directly to them and try talking casually. :p Trust me, after like 2 mins of bable they'll be all concerned and like 'So, is anything wrong?'

Someguy123

Err.. I think it's best if you don't 'plan' the meeting too much... teachers tend to think that you've got family problems or something when you head directly to them and try talking casually. :p Trust me, after like 2 mins of bable they'll be all concerned and like 'So, is anything wrong?'
lol okay thanks for the hint. but if u dont plan it when do u do it? coz the only other time is in between classes but then ur in a rush coz u gotta be someone and the the teacher has to be somewhere else too

Lainee

HSC
Dude, it's just like talking to any other adult. XD And that wasn't a hint! Argh. If you're in a rush to get somewhere, you're not exactly going to want to stop and chit chat to a teacher, yeah? :p Do you coordinate a conversation with a friend? It's just strange! it's casual conversation, you see the persion, you say hello to the person and you continue the conversation if you so wish to!

Someguy123

lol i know but if ur shy it seems harder i guess. lol and the only time this teacher is senn is in between classes where both ppl r in a rush and trying to get somewhere

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
If you can, go to the teachers classroom between periods (or before lunch etc) and talk to them about school.

Alot of times I just stay back after the bell and just talk to the teacher about the class that day. This is very helpful the day before an assesment. I basically told my english teacher what I was going to write and if it was good. She gave me all these ideas and also criticised parts of my plan.
I ended up topping the class :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)