DFE courses should graduate with DFE stamped on thier Results (1 Viewer)

loser101

HSC
what do you think about Direct Fee Courses should be marked that this person completed a degree by Direct Fee Entry Course.

I think it should also be amrked on thier degree and also have a special section for them at the graduation ceremony.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
what do you think about Direct Fee Courses should be marked that this person completed a degree by Direct Fee Entry Course.

I think it should also be amrked on thier degree and also have a special section for them at the graduation ceremony.

Why?

Once at uni they have to complete the same course work etc as not fee paying students and are judged the same way.

Remember that a UAI is NOT an indicator of ability to do the course but only a rank to fill the available places.

In many courses people with UAI's many ranks below the cut-off could quite easily complete the work. This is born out by the fact that many courses UAI has changed so much over the years e.g. my godson initially needed a UAI of 85 to get into the course he wanted but he deferred for two years and when he finally accepted the position the UAI was 65. There is no way that the people with 65 couldn't complete the course but in the year with 85 demand was higher. That year fee paying students were accepted into the course with UAIs of 82 but last year they only needed 62.

Why should the fee paying students from two years ago have something on their record of achievement that says that the were fee paying and therefore didn't get the UAI needed in 2005 when in 2007 they would have got in easily. My neice was accepted to a fee paying place and a HECS place in the same course but at different unis last year - she chose the fee paying course because it was closer to her home. That doesn't mean that she is less capable of doing the course as a HECS student just that she chose not to leave home at 18.

Last edited:

loser101

HSC
well say if i wanted to do commerce at UNSW. i only got a UAI of 90, then i would only be able to get into economics. My degree would be economics not a b.commerce.

but if i paid an extra $10k a year i would be able to get a b.commerce?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
well say if i wanted to do commerce at UNSW. i only got a UAI of 90, then i would only be able to get into economics. My degree would be economics not a b.commerce.

but if i paid an extra $10k a year i would be able to get a b.commerce?
and...?

loser101

HSC
so is it embarrassing for you to have DFEE on your record?

if there are 2 difference entry codes they should be treated differently, then the lecturers know if you fail then if you pay them a few k they will pass you. lol

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
so is it embarrassing for you to have DFEE on your record?

if there are 2 difference entry codes they should be treated differently, then the lecturers know if you fail then if you pay them a few k they will pass you. lol
What? I'm a CSP student.

Why should they be treated differently? It is the SAME course, they complete the SAME subjects, the SAME examinations and assessments as well as putting in the SAME effort (depending on the person) to be judged by the SAME standards to get the SAME degree.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Also DFEE is an abbreviation for "Domestic Fee Paying", not "Direct Fee Entry" or whatever you said.

Season

HSC
No that would be discrimination, its not like someone who is on DFFE has had an easier time of it. Once they're in they're held to the same standards as everyone else in the course is. Their work is just as good as any CSP place.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
loser101 said:
so there is discrmination in entry but non when they have entered?

yes same course, but different. different entry thus different degree.
Why don't you think back to why CSP places were offered. They were introduced to give economically disadvantaged students an education, a $40000+ investment which in turn helps the economy.

Why, then do we not just tag all CSP transcripts with CSP, so that employers know that mummy and daddy weren't upper class?

loser101

HSC
anyway i guess there is no need, when it comes time to enrollment time, you know who the DFEE students are, it will be the short express line and everyone will be holding a cheque book LOL

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
loser101 said:
so there is discrmination in entry but non when they have entered?

yes same course, but different. different entry thus different degree.
Um no.

Say someone gets a ticket to a concert that sells out quickly and then someone else buys a ticket to the same concert off eBay for double the price. They both go to the concert and see the same thing.

It's the same for this, different entry ways yes but once you get into uni everyone does the same coursework and everyone graduates with the same degree.

loser101

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Why don't you think back to why CSP places were offered. They were introduced to give economically disadvantaged students an education, a $40000+ investment which in turn helps the economy.

Why, then do we not just tag all CSP transcripts with CSP, so that employers know that mummy and daddy weren't upper class?
CSP/HECS has always been around from day dot.

loser101

HSC
Azamakumar said:

hecs is for all australians rich or poor:apig:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Why are you so hostile about DFEE places?

Just because people get into uni a different way doesn't mean you can slag against them for that.

I have a friend who got a DFEE place but her parents are far from rich and as such she's had to take out a loan. So she pays more for the same education you might get. Where exactly is the problem there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)