DFEE CONFUSION. Please clear it up (1 Viewer)

OMGRX7

HSC
In the UAC book, lets say the dfee says 20grand for a course, does this means the 20 grand covers the whole course or only a year...thanks

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
OMGRX7 said:
In the UAC book, lets say the dfee says 20grand for a course, does this means the 20 grand covers the whole course or only a year...thanks
That should be 20 grand total when your degree is completed. Per year 20k would be very expensive, i think aeronautical or aviation is something like that.

HSC
Hakz said:
That should be 20 grand total when your degree is completed. Per year 20k would be very expensive, i think aeronautical or aviation is something like that.
lol nah pretty much not. of course it's expensive you can get into the course with a lower uai because of it.

if it were 20 grand total it would be cheaper than hecs.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
*is tempted to quote you again*

OMGRX7

HSC
Musk said:
thanks for the quick reply...and are u 100% sure...seems so much...so when im working i have to pay off like 80 grand since its a 4 yr course? holy f**k...plus if i do DFEE is it cheaper in the end than hecs?

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
OMGRX7 said:
thanks for the quick reply...and are u 100% sure...seems so much...so when im working i have to pay off like 80 grand since its a 4 yr course? holy f**k
If you defer it with a Fee-help loan don't forget the 20% extra loan fee:p

If you just missed out on the cut off for a csp/hecs place you could try and transfer into the CSP place eventually.

Last edited:

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
My bad i guess, didnt know the DFEE wayy more expensive. 20k a year, thats crazy.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
My bad i guess, didnt know the DFEE wayy more expensive. 20k a year, thats crazy.
Try 13yrs of private school education

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Application Fee $ 250
Enrolment Fee $1,750
Entrance Fee $1,250

Kindergarten $10,995 per annum
Years 1 - 2 $12,690 per annum
Year 3 $13,200 per annum
Years 4 - 6 $14,400 per annum
Years 7-10 $16,950 per annum
Year 11-12 $17,985 per annum

lol <3 CSP Uni prices

OMGRX7

HSC
thanks guys...i got another question too. You know the DFEE courses how they say an UAI of 65, and the HECS is 70, do I need the 65 minimum to pay the DFEE and lets say i got 63 uai, does it mean theres no point of applying for it, or what...

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
OMGRX7 said:
thanks guys...i got another question too. You know the DFEE courses how they say an UAI of 65, and the HECS is 70, do I need the 65 minimum to pay the DFEE and lets say i got 63 uai, does it mean theres no point of applying for it, or what...

thanks in advance.
Uai cut offs are wrong, they always select applicants below the cut off. Always apply!

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
Hakz has been proven on numerous occasions of being wrong

This document shows the cut off uais and if there is any room for any student.

The courses with the Vs mean you may get in as CSP
hmm im pretty sure i saw you say that uai is nothing Musk, maybe you should think more clearly next time. I think a person like yourself which claims that IT/business/arts are useless, should be seen as an untrusty and wrong person.

HSC
Hakz said:
Uai cut offs are wrong, they always select applicants below the cut off. Always apply!
they don't *always* do that. it's just that at regional unis like uow they find it harder than other unis to fill their spots they tend to let people in under the cutoff for quite a number of courses.

in saying that yes you should always apply just in case.

OMGRX7

HSC
stop hi-jacking my thread please :D...no-one has answered my Question yet about the DFEE cut off; simply do you need to get the uai cut off for the DFEE course to apply or is it a waste...like if its 70 cut off for DFEE, do you need 70, or can you still hope you can get in with 65

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
OMGRX7 said:
stop hi-jacking my thread please :D...no-one has answered my Question yet about the DFEE cut off; simply do you need to get the uai cut off for the DFEE course to apply or is it a waste...like if its 70 cut off for DFEE, do you need 70, or can you still hope you can get in with 65

You don't know the cut-offs until main round offers are released therefore you can't tell which preferences would be a 'waste'. That is the reason why you have 9 preferences.

HSC
OMGRX7 said:
you have nine preferences. i hate to say it but if you have a uai of 65 you don't have too many options. always go for the csp place first and then if that's really the course you want to do the look for a similar csp course at another uni (it seems moneys not a problem here so i suppose you wouldn't mind commuting or whatever) then if all else fails go for the dfee place at whatever uni. that's why you have nine preferences.

OMGRX7

HSC
watatank said:
you have nine preferences. i hate to say it but if you have a uai of 65 you don't have too many options. always go for the csp place first and then if that's really the course you want to do the look for a similar csp course at another uni (it seems moneys not a problem here so i suppose you wouldn't mind commuting or whatever) then if all else fails go for the dfee place at whatever uni. that's why you have nine preferences.

thanks alot buddy:giddy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)