diabetes and coronary heart disease (1 Viewer)

HSC
heyyyy ppl
just woundering if any1 could help to where i cld fina a case study on diabetes and coronary heart disease that is heredity.......

looked all over the net... well kinda ....

HSC
actually i checked to if tht was rite...but it anit enough arghhhhh....does any1 have any case studies on diabetes and osteoporosis

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
see there is a problem with ure question..
firstly with osteoporosis.. its low bone mass density (specifically SD -2.5 or less).. otherwise its osteopenia
and its a tendency.. not the disease.. tat is heriditary
cos they have 3 causes..
1)low gonadal hormones (e.g oestrogen),
2)poor bone formation and renal function with age,
3)Other hormonal like PTH defiencies.. or excessive levels of glucorticoids

so its realli if u had family with oestrogen secretion problems.. when u could get osteoporosis.. but then u get other things too ?! if u want similar.. then u can use Gauchers disease..

with Diabetes ..
melitus type 1.. its the destruction of beta cells in the pancreas... islet of langerhans resulting in low insulin ..
its an autoimmune condition..with twins there is a link.. and certain alleles of the HLA its recessive
http://www.d4pro.com/IDM/site/type_1_diabetes_and_ms_the_key.htm
these HLA are the receptors tat present all proteins to the immune system from cells.. the immune system in certain alleles then to cause activation of auto immune.. its multi factorial but there is a link.. mabbe consider using haemophilia A or B for a clearer heriditary disease

there is a diabetes insipidus tat IS hereditary
"Hereditary Hypothalamic Diabetes Insipidus" is rare... and hard to find.. well for me it was a bitch.. .

certain groups have quite a few hereditary diseases lik tay-sachs amongst the Ashkenazi Jewish population.. they hav other well known hereditary diseases due to intermarriage..

hope tat helps

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i missed out on food tech but im prolly guessing tats too much.. muhahaha.. i accidently thought this was posted in bio :S

sorri,,

HSC
if you do PDHPE there are a lot of case studies in the text books. thats where i get mine from coz i do food and pdh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)