Did anyone do the Duke of Edinburgh? (1 Viewer)

alongcamedonna

HSC
If anyone did the duke of ed previously, please tell me whether it was worth while. Memorable perphaps? Funny, embarrasing moments? And overall, was it WORTH it?

Yeah I am planning to TRY it this year. I have to pay $120 reistration before this week though, so any appropriate comments would be helpful.

Thanks!!:D

monesh

HSC
you would get bashed at my school if you did that lol

Madge10

HSC
Yeah i did bronze level, def memorible.
do it.
great memories, and experiences. ;)

betajosh711

HSC
Depends if you like outdoor experiences. i Did it 2 years ago. Very awesome experience.
Definately memorable, you'll have a blast. Though depending on the expedition you'll probably not really be interested in it anymore. Like i did Kayaking, after the 2 expeditions i've lost much interest in kayaking haha. good fun though!

kooltrainer

HSC
i laughed at my friend who did it... sounds lame..

its probably for geeks

PrettyVacant

HSC
It's not a bad experience. Go for it. I went up to Silver. Brings out the best and worst in people, those expeditions.

It's not for geeks, and it's not lame. My advice is valid because I actually fucking experienced it (instead of these fuckers who just knock it before they try it) and it is definitely worth it in my opinion. Lets you step out of comfort zones and such.

My only regret is now struggling to find time to complete gold. :)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i did my bronze in year nine and it was amazing fun =]]. i just never handed my book in, changed schools and now i can't find it =[[[.

definitely worth your time & money. so many good memories.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
also, lol at the title of the thread, did anyone do the duke of edinburgh?

that's kinda gross, cause he's about sixty. [no idea of his actual age, but i presume old] haha.

alongcamedonna

HSC
also, lol at the title of the thread, did anyone do the duke of edinburgh?

that's kinda gross, cause he's about sixty. [no idea of his actual age, but i presume old] haha.

the duke of ed is an internation program, which involves expeditions - hiking, camping, canoeing, etc. for youinformation.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
the duke of ed is an internation program, which involves expeditions - hiking, camping, canoeing, etc. for youinformation.
if you want to check the post above that, i've actually done duke of ed. so i am aware of what it is, and i gave you advice, 'for your information.'

Stoogey

HSC
I started it 2 years back (im a scout) but never got around to finishing it cause i had other things going on. I regret not finishing it though, shoulda put more effort into it. Oh well, im a scout, so i've got plenty of other things to keep me busy :)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I started it 2 years back (im a scout) but never got around to finishing it cause i had other things going on. I regret not finishing it though, shoulda put more effort into it. Oh well, im a scout, so i've got plenty of other things to keep me busy :)
you can still finish it if you're under twenty five and got your book! i just found that out and got excited =]]. cause i did it all but didn't hand my book in for about two years, and [if i can find it] i can get my award.

Stoogey

HSC
you can still finish it if you're under twenty five and got your book! i just found that out and got excited =]]. cause i did it all but didn't hand my book in for about two years, and [if i can find it] i can get my award.
Interesting, thanks for that, i'll look into that, and hopefully get my DoE done soon enough....after HSC though :mad1:

Dumbledore

HSC
i did it, only because i completed all the requirements b4 finding out about it (for bronze)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)