Did anyone get taught anything in DT? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

goonbag said:
For the last two years our whole class has sat around doing nothing or surfing the net, a couple of times our teacher gave us some sheets, but pretty much we have been taught nothing for the last two years. I'm just interested to know if other people's DT classes were actually lessons or more like what we did.
Yes, DT was the biggest waste of time. I spent the amount I did on my prac that I did on all my other subjects put together, and I got 98% in the subject, which scales to a whopping 89.4, compared to Ancient History (a pretty bad-scaling subject, too) which I got 99%, scaled to to 100. The theory of DT is just a joke, esp. when you have teachers who take it seriously and tell you your prac is crap, then write you an email thanking you for scaling your class up.

crazymaniak

Alumni
HSC
hahaha i was the only one in my class by the hsc year. i did shit all in class - surfed net, was on msn, occasionally did research. my teacher just let me do whatever i wanted. i thought it was awesome!! i got a 94 in the end - so yeah - no complaints. n i'm from a public school too. i think its unfair to blame the teachers though!! dnt is a class that u can do really well in - or really shit. dnt affords you the luxury of freedom in your research, prac n time management. if you can't handle the change of atmosphere n spend ur time bludging dont get mad at ur teachers for it!! u pack of wankers.

X

xeuyrawp

crazymaniak said:
hahaha i was the only one in my class by the hsc year. i did shit all in class - surfed net, was on msn, occasionally did research. my teacher just let me do whatever i wanted. i thought it was awesome!! i got a 94 in the end - so yeah - no complaints. n i'm from a public school too. i think its unfair to blame the teachers though!! dnt is a class that u can do really well in - or really shit. dnt affords you the luxury of freedom in your research, prac n time management. if you can't handle the change of atmosphere n spend ur time bludging dont get mad at ur teachers for it!! u pack of wankers.
That was a bit weird, mate. Noone in here's blaming their teachers, they're all saying that their teachers are crap, most of which are. In any case, remember that markers go to your school to mark, and it seems that you were the only one doing DT in your year. This means that it would have been much easier for you to get marks... The markers try not to contextualise your work, but they can't escape the fact that you were the only one in your year doing the course.

hype couture

whoa are u guys kidding? we learn so much in dt, we have exams and 5000 word written assessments. its hectic. also our techers are so controlling about what do for our mdp, + ever since i can remember we have had at least one easay/ practice exam to do each week. it drives me crazy! but like its a private school so they are expected to be anal about pumping out high achievers lol.

X

xeuyrawp

hype.couture said:
whoa are u guys kidding? we learn so much in dt, we have exams and 5000 word written assessments. its hectic. also our techers are so controlling about what do for our mdp, + ever since i can remember we have had at least one easay/ practice exam to do each week. it drives me crazy! but like its a private school so they are expected to be anal about pumping out high achievers lol.
What a waste of time. You could be doing practice essays for subjects where practice actually helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)