• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Did anyone not have room for a subject that interested them? (1 Viewer)

Joel8945

HSC
Hello,

I completed my bachelor of science enrolment yesterday. I chose to do advanced physics 1 & 2, Calculus 2, Linear Algebra, Engineering systems design 1 and 2, From Graffiti to Terrorism and Introduction to Climate Change. Chemistry in VCE was a subject that really interested me but I had no room! It was either engineering or chemistry and I chose engineering because its always interested me, but I never was able to study it at high school. So when enrolling and choosing your subjects; did any of you first year melbourne uni students have to leave out a subject that interested you?

MangoSquash

HSC
if it was up to me, i'd be doing the life sciences, earth sciences in addition to what i chose, hell i woudnt mind majoring in 3/4 of whats on offer, but most of us to choose 1 or 2 that we want to do the most, alot of people would love to do anything in science, its a subject that everything smells good

and after all that, i ended up only doing chemistry and maths first year =P, i felt like doing an extra science was a waste of room because i'd be dropping it second year, so i filled it with an extra breadth and linear algebra, which the lecturer advisesd against doing concurently with calculas 2. =/

H@wkeye!

HSC
It happens, remember you're allowed to do 1st year subjects in the second year, so you will get another chance to do it. I've had to miss out of heaps of subjects that i'd be really interested in doing, and then after that, some of them got dropped :(

Just enjoy it, don't worry about that stuff, if you want it that bad, see if it's on offer in the summer semester, or as said before, do it next year if your still interested.

Joel8945

HSC
It happens, remember you're allowed to do 1st year subjects in the second year, so you will get another chance to do it. I've had to miss out of heaps of subjects that i'd be really interested in doing, and then after that, some of them got dropped :(

Just enjoy it, don't worry about that stuff, if you want it that bad, see if it's on offer in the summer semester, or as said before, do it next year if your still interested.
Well thats a relief!!! I think with chemical engineering you only need the first year chemistry as a pre-requisite. I don't really want to do analytical chemistry or any 'chemistry' chemistry! When we studied unit 4 chemistry (VCE): equilibria, electrochemical series, studying chemical plants, thermochemistry, etc; I found that I enjoyed this area much more than conventional chemistry and this was one reason why I loved chemistry. So in other words I enjoy the more physics side of chemistry! And hence why I want to study physics over chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)