Did Google rip off Leapfish? (1 Viewer)

carita1959

HSC
Well, in the beginning of November, I turn my computer on and Leapfish (my homepage) was completely new. It was also much better and in the end I liked it even more. Damn I hate it when things change!! So, Leapfish added a great function which was real-time search, when you could see the latest posts, comments, tweets etc. on something you searched. Within a week I had most of the office using Leapfish for search and home pages.

They put out this video, which was a cool ad idea and really well put together and really showed all of Leapfish’s features including real-time search:

YouTube - LeapFish Search Engine - Living the Web

So the thing is, I was happy enjoying my Leapfish search action, when up popped in my real time news section a video from Google. I watched the video (see link below) and was under impressed. The biggest difference is that with Leapfish the whole page could be used for real-time, not just the real-time window.

Google’s video (kinda boring huh?)

YouTube - Real Time Search

So, it looks to me that Google may have ripped off Leapfish?

I mean Leapfish was first with real-time search a month before Google came out with their video which shows they now have it.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Just because Google advertised live search a month after Leapfish (wtf name a rip off of LeapFrog) did does not automatically mean Leapfish was first.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Google was one of the earliest search engines and created a lot of features we now take for granted, does that mean Leapfish ripped off Google?

staplers...YAY

HSC
who cares. everything gets ripped off anyway, and besides, google has saved my arse far more than leapfish...and its got a better name, too.

LordPc

HSC
the leapfish video looks a lot cooler, someone really went to town with that, but i dont think you can say that googled ripped off leapfish. it is a good idea and google just wants to get on board

whenever something big comes along, there are always loads of imitations.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
There is no such thing as a new web. The internet was created with community in mind.
Well actually the internet was invented for the US military in mind so as to remotely control ICBM's.

BlackDragon

HSC
Yep I think it was originally called ARPAnet. Though I'm not sure what that stands for. It was a cold war thing. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)