Did i just fail my business report (1 Viewer)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
yeah i cant be fucked ne more ... business over forever ... so so happy, was the worst cram session ever last nite but i guess it was worth it

kristin_scott

HSC
i stuffed this exam up big time.... i think i did pretty well in the business report part, but then i didnt do any of section 4.... you see i neglected to go to class after the trial which is when we did global.... regretting it now though!!! :)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yer i fuct section 4 lolll but yeahhhhha last night was the biggest crammn session of my life.....actaully sunday night will be cuz im gana cram my mathz i didnt even study 4 dat crap yet n im gana go like crapppp in it i can feel it lol

Jebu

_DeathlessOne_ said:
We were meant to do the 4ps? Crap. I done like a situational analysis, marketing objectives, target market, marketing strategies and implemeting, monitoring and control.
Doesn't the marketing mix come in marketing strategies?

i did situational analysis (swot/lifecycle), marketing objectives (increase market share), developing strategies (4 P's), implementing (culture of change, change agents/models - referred to later), monitoring and controlling (real with forecast data)

Isn't that what they were after? :(

jayaone

username - i did the same thing, i talked very briefly about developing marketing strategies then talked about promotion in detail..

but i reckon we got it right... read p301 of the jacaranda business textbook:
"a business controls four basic marketing strategies to reach its target market. these four strategies or tools of marketing are product, price, promotion and place. together these strategies form the marketing mix. .... a business can alter its marketing mix by varying any one or more of the four marketing strategies"

so if u just talked about one p in detail i reckon u should still b able to get full marks as the question asked u to "propose a marketing strategy"

hope it puts your mind at ease... and NO MORE BUSINESS...

Acid

HSC
It asked for marketing strategy not the entire marketing plan Jebu :).. but i don't think you can lose anything for putting in extra info....

I asked my teacher and she said the way the question was worded means they'll have to take one strategy (e.g. product for it). She said they mark on what you put into it now what you've left out so as long as the rest of your response was good.

Anyway, this is officially one of the most poorly written papers i've seen. It was such an easy paper if only they'd gone to the trouble of wording it properly.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I think it was inferred in the question with all the references to the place that the business operated from, the target market and stuff. You may have identified them in a roundabout way without actually saying you were solving the strategy I.E 'The business is currently situated in a shopping center, which suggests plenty of street exposure but is not convienent for today's time poor businessman who would be interested in online retailing...'

Although the marketing mix is important, theres only so much a diagram can really do for you I reckon. I thought that question was pretty good too.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I basically included what the question was asking.

I talked about Promotion and Price strategies, the effect of these strategies on employment relations and how to manage the change effectively.

I included info about the current situation of the business and put in a product life cycle. I also wrote a page about what ethical factors the business should be aware of when implementing these strategies.

And more importantly, i wrote i the style of a business report. This includes using title page, contents page and executive summary. I started each new part on a new page.

I hope i done well in this section.

Becc

the criteria of the question was:

-->use your knowledge and the information provided
-->communicate using relevant business terminology and conpets
-->present a logical well-structured answer to the question in the form of a business report

so providing a marketing report is actually filling the criteria, because you need to have marketing objectives before you can have strategies.

i didn't actually mention the words "product, price, place promotion"
however, i did discuss each factor in my strategy.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
i did the same thing as u beccy

lilems13

I just did:
swot.
target market - new target market demographics, retaining original target market
marketing objectives - market share, increased sales, better posistioning
changes to the four p's - price points, product range, promotion methods and distribution methods - ie. internet store
how each change impacted employee relations i.e. loss of job opportunites, de skilling, afraid of new technology
how the changes could be best managed - implementation of grievance procedures, team meetings, increased team work, change models, change agents, change culture

renee6755

hey i asked my teacher about that question and he said because they said "propose a marketing strategy" it meant to just speak about one of the four p's in heaps of detail because it was too much for them to ask u about all 4 and then the other stuff as well so u were only meant to speak about one BUT the markers take into account how u read the question and what ur understanding of the question was... so we will all be marked the same anyways

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Yeah it asked for the 4 P's plain as day, not a marketing plan and not one P. Although, on the bright side it was prob the smallest section of that question and if the rest is done right you could stikk be heading for 16 or so.

Jessisbored

HSC
lilems13 said:
I just did:
swot.
target market - new target market demographics, retaining original target market
marketing objectives - market share, increased sales, better posistioning
changes to the four p's - price points, product range, promotion methods and distribution methods - ie. internet store
how each change impacted employee relations i.e. loss of job opportunites, de skilling, afraid of new technology
how the changes could be best managed - implementation of grievance procedures, team meetings, increased team work, change models, change agents, change culture

1. renee i agree...i just did ONE strategy as it worded.
and to this ...why did you do a swot...(situational analysis) did we have to? it didnt ask for one. I dunno, its just usually it says propose a report including a situational analysis. meh nevermind, my report was good anyway, thankfully i knew the dot points well...as for my extended respone...argh crap

superbird

HSC
SWOT and even marketing objectives weren't necessary either - unless u interpreted the question to mean Marketing Plan.
Either way you have still demonstrated your knowledge of Marketing skills and should be rewarded with top marks :)

superbird

HSC
also correct me if im wrong but for the effective employment relations part were u also supposed to talk about communication systems (such as team briefings etc), rewards, training, family friend programs, measures of effectiveness and types of contracts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)