Did I screw myself over for E12? (1 Viewer)

okayokay123

HSC
So I ended up getting one of the emails from USYD that my application has been assessed and all that. I also applied for Macquarie's SRS scheme and have received an unconditional offer from them, which I just need to accept on the 12th. Now, I would prefer to go to usyd and accept their e12 offer, however, MQ stated that I need to have their course as my FIRST preference
1636365205744.png

And with the USYD email, we just need to have the course ON THE UAC LIST, not necessarily first preference?
1636365272104.png

So I ended up putting MQ as my first preference on the 4th, in hopes of accepting the offer just in case somehow I get no other offers, get a really bad atar etc, and I can always reject it later right?

But do you guys think USYD will still give me a conditional offer if I don't have them as my first preference since I assumed it wasn't required?

specificagent1

HSC
So essentially with SRS you can get 1 unconditional offer and how many conditional offers. Because maq offers are unconditional, you are required to have it first to ensure that this unconditional offer does not go to another university. Given that e12 is a conditional offer, and as per usyd website you may have it as any preference on your list and you will still receive it. You can always accept maq offer but refrain from enrolling until you are sure to go to the uni

laterz laterz

HSC
Yeah you don't need the USYD course as ur 1st preference. You can place it anywhere but make sure you put it as ur 1st preference for the January offer round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)