Did that just happen? (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Anyone from UOW who does commerce got that Egyptian lecturer who picks on all the Asians and goes "nee-haw!" and "translate this for the other asians"?
No, but I had a tutorer, when the topic somehow got to the boat people, explain that his 'boat was a bit bigger, had wings and went *did the whole arms extended pretending to be a plane thing*'... i think the best comment in reaction to that was the girl next to me who just sat there in bewilderment and manges to say the simple words 'what. the. fuck. ?.'

Its things like that, which makes situations where everyone sort of looks at each other in that awkward weirded out kinda way.

cayte

My chem lecturer today decided to have a competition with the lecturer next door to see who could make the loudest explosion and make the greatest number of sleeping students scream.

Ribbon

Originally posted by Raiks
No, but I had a tutorer, when the topic somehow got to the boat people, explain that his 'boat was a bit bigger, had wings and went *did the whole arms extended pretending to be a plane thing*'... i think the best comment in reaction to that was the girl next to me who just sat there in bewilderment and manges to say the simple words 'what. the. fuck. ?.'

Its things like that, which makes situations where everyone sort of looks at each other in that awkward weirded out kinda way.

awww that makes me feel sorry for the tutor... he probably thought he was being really funny :( I always feel bad for our lectureres, tutors ect. when people don't like them (unless I also hate them, then its all good ! ) or when they have a really boring compulsary subject and everyone talks (cos they can't help that they have to teach a boring subject!)

oh and LMAO at your chemsitry tutors :D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LOLZ!!!!! U PPLZ MADE MY DAY!!! =D

even with that acctin hw due 2morrow >.< '

Originally posted by cayte
My chem lecturer today decided to have a competition with the lecturer next door to see who could make the loudest explosion and make the greatest number of sleeping students scream.
heyz same here, aprt form the expmt with nitrogen tri-iodide didn't go too well ^^

2day, my chem lecturer was trying to show us some exthorthermic reaction... like settin a hydrogen balloon on fire sorta thing... he made is all suspicious and mystrious and all so everyone in the LT was quiet watching him moving the flame source closer and closer to the balloon... den

*KABOOM....

the explosiong happened without him doing anyhing lolz cuz i guess some other LT were doing some expmt with TNT??!!

cayte

When was your lecture xiao? What chem do you do? You go to usyd yeah? We had the nitrogen tri-iodide touch explosion and the hydrogen ballon flame explosion. It's all very exciting. Particularly when there's an element of competition involved...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
AHAHAHAHAHHA.... no kiddin!!!!

i do chem1901, tues 9am, wed 12am thurs 9am... u???

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Some absent-minded photography student left the tap running in the darkroom yesterday...

So today, half the art/design department was under 1-2 inches of water. Naturally, the lecturers weren't too happy!!

Most of the carpet will probably need to be replaced. Hopefully, all the brand-new Macs in the computer lab will be okay (about ten of the towers were on the floor)

oops :rolleyes:

as for the 'weird' things, i've grown used to them (all my lecturers are mostly artists...)
...i think that says it all! :p

Last edited:

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Originally posted by chookyn
Some absent-minded photography student left the tap running in the darkroom yesterday...

So today, half the art/design department was under 1-2 inches of water. Naturally, the lecturers weren't too happy!!

Most of the carpet will probably need to be replaced. Hopefully, all the brand-new Macs in the computer lab will be okay (about ten of the towers were on the floor)

oops :rolleyes:
lol ouch. Did any student fess up?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by RCMasterAA
lol ouch. Did any student fess up?
As if you would fess up, when people consider fessing up, they weigh up the positives of being honest and the negatives which would be a severe reprimand.....hmmm, I know what i'd be doing in this situation.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
they know who did it, but they won't tell us. so i assume the person confessed.

whoever it was musta been really embarrassed and felt pretty stupid over the whole thing... (as u would :rolleyes: )

all the water's been sucked out now, and they've set up huge, special fans to help dry the place out before Monday's classes!

lol - they might wanna think about installing one of those automated taps that can turn itself off. Imagine what the water bill will be like!

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
or maybe even a drain so the place can't get flooded.

Yesterday included one of the funniest things I've ever seen at uni. I'm sitting in a HRM lecture and this guy walks in wearing this bright yellow chicken suit, the full body mascot suits. Anyway, apparently he works as a promo guy for some fast food chicken shop. When he walked in, tried to sit in a seat, couldn't because the arse of his suit was too big, and proceeds to sit in the lecture theatre aisle. the lecturer asks if he can explain why he's dressed in a chicken suit, and he turns around and explains that he was late for the lecture and didn't have time to change... the rest of the lecture were in stiches from laughing so hard.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by Raiks
or maybe even a drain so the place can't get flooded.

Yesterday included one of the funniest things I've ever seen at uni. I'm sitting in a HRM lecture and this guy walks in wearing this bright yellow chicken suit, the full body mascot suits. Anyway, apparently he works as a promo guy for some fast food chicken shop. When he walked in, tried to sit in a seat, couldn't because the arse of his suit was too big, and proceeds to sit in the lecture theatre aisle. the lecturer asks if he can explain why he's dressed in a chicken suit, and he turns around and explains that he was late for the lecture and didn't have time to change... the rest of the lecture were in stiches from laughing so hard.
www.subservientchicken.com? lol
ur stories are heaps funny.. keep them up :)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I saw a guy at uni riding on one of those circus (one wheeled) bikes while reading some notes!
What a feat! :p
..... and no, I'm not kidding!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
costs has many definitions, like love. for example, i may love to eat and i may love my partner. but i do not love my partner in the same way i love to eat - although for some of you the connotation might be the same... :D

- jon, accting lecturer, uts

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
there was a drain in there, but somehow it wasn't very effective...

lol @ the chicken suit guy!

the other day i turned up to class wearing a purple dressing gown, with the long waist-string thingy tied around my head in a bow, and proceeded to tell everyone that i was the easter bunny.

it was about 10am in the morning, but i felt like being an idiot that day... (tho i was wearing normal clothes underneath)

the only trouble was that no-one could take me seriously.. :rolleyes: ...but it was fun!

Last edited:

cayte

Chem lecturer (again) decided to lie down on the bench and have a little sleep midway through the lecture. There was a context, but it's much funnier when taken out of it. Oh, and xiao, our lectures are all on at the same time, but I'm in the other stream, 1001 or 1101 or 1011 or something. I want more explosions!:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)