Did we have write the quote in our creative?? (1 Viewer)

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
As long as its obvious which one you chose its fine to not mention it. The 2009 one was a similar question and in the notes from the marking centre they said some students used themes from two quotes and that was fine.

I used mine to open my story which will probably loose me marks though
I used it as the opening sentence adding a few adjectives, why would we lose marks?

I used it at the end aswell (copying) and added a line next to it.

You don't have to write it.

That's retarded if you do, shows a lack of creativity.

It has to be overt within your creative though.
really :/?

so i'll lose marks?

i took the quote literally cause it fit my story's situation (and metaphorically in its overarching idea)

CM07

HSC

so i'll lose marks?

i took the quote literally cause it fit my story's situation (and metaphorically in its overarching idea)
I did the same. There would be no reason to lose marks as long as it works metaphorically with an overarching idea.

hjed

HSC
I used it as the opening sentence adding a few adjectives, why would we lose marks?

I used it at the end aswell (copying) and added a line next to it.

so i'll lose marks?

Depends, I refereed to mine at the start and the end, but not enough in the middle. I think they do mark down for using the whole things at the start (what I did), but not sure.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Hey, I chose stimulus three and actually wrote it in my story as the catalyst for the central conflict. I used 7ish minutes to reflect on the passage and seamlessly integrate it into the plot development (that is, the choice of either embracing or rejecting a connection to others). I did this because I didn't want to risk the marker getting to the end of the story and thinking, 'wait I don't get how they incorporated it...' after reading hundreds of creatives that didn't even attempt to use the stimulus.

ForOneEon

In a tree, in a well. Who knows where I possibly d
HSC
Well, if you made reference to the stimulus at various points of your story, you should be fine. As long as the marker can see that you've integrated the stimulus, you should be within a constant range of Band 5-6, depending on how you applied literary techniques, maintained a steady narrative and maybe even surprised the marker.

I'm no marker, so don't take my word for it, but the overall concept that I see from your reply, you should be fine.

HSC
I made my whole creative writing in a room! (I used #1)

And just to make it the central element...I kept referring back to how the "bright sun" outside was slowly setting...and my writing ended at night.

Haha. I think that's making it the central element...

Storm Red

HSC
Lol i just started with mine and that was it! I made my character who was going to leave her house stare out the window and see the afternoon sun (before she leaves the house she's been living in all her life)...but the rest was my pre-prepared! Am i screwed??? Any one know? I mean would i lose a lot of marks? I used #1 btw :read:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I made my whole creative writing in a room! (I used #1)

And just to make it the central element...I kept referring back to how the "bright sun" outside was slowly setting...and my writing ended at night.

Haha. I think that's making it the central element...
yeah you didn't need to directly mention it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)