Did YOU make notes???? (1 Viewer)

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
ok...my advice...the syllabus may look like a bitch but it can be ur best help...read thro BOTH sections....the points u have no idea about are wat u need to focus on....then jus work ur way through the bits u have a vauge idea about....
this worked for me in bio, pdhpe and re...but is pretty crap in english, maths; and modern was a waste cos i knew jack shit...but still passed with a 75% :D...neways...jus dont stress over it all...its only half yearlies...and by the time ur doing hsc you'll be saying 'its only hsc'...maybe not but its up to u....
pick the subject u need to do the best in - ie - the one u have had the crappest assesmt marks in up to the end of first term, in an attempt to make up lost marks...
good luck and dont stress too much a week is a long time...

s0k0y0e0

HSC
uhhuh, I made notes for each subject following syllabus dot points and the assessment outline the teachers gave me; close to dot point form, to jolt my memory of everything I'd done so far. Then I did A LOT of reading... :uhhuh:

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Yes, I write notes.
I summarise from at least three textbooks for Business Studies, Economics and Chemistry so I've started summarising dotpoints/topics that we haven't studied at school yet so I'm always ahead.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I have a complete set of notes according to the Syllabus for everyone of my subjects except for english where I have different notes.

I use the notes my teacher gives me in class + handouts + plus various textbooks and other books and make notes for each syllabus point as I complete those points in class so i'm not left with a stack of notes to do at the end of every term and its fresh in my memory so I write better about it.

When I make notes. I like to use different colours for each section. For instance for Modern notes, I'll have notes on the point it self, then examples, and then I'll have key quotes from important people during that time and maybe some maps or something if it is relevant.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I dont make any notes for maths...none for english adv...yes for eco and some for modern if i have time

pig_93

HSC
thats so weird
for maths i have notes (but thats ok if ppl dont)
but english, if you dont know ur essays (which i HIGHLY advise NOT to do anyway lol) u should write a one page summary for each module (well thats what i do)

so yeah...weird ppl u are lol

Will Hunting

HSC
I've never been big on notes, myself. If I make any documentation at all, it'll happen throughout the term, the same as xrtzx, rather than during exam period. The way I see it, it places unnecessary pressure on you, the student, who should already know his/her stuff through and through. This is me, though, and I'm sure other people will bounce in other ways from this.

For Maths, I never make any notes
For English, I barely even study, let alone make notes. I prefer to let it all flow fresh and smooth on the day - totally unrehearsed, where possible
For Science, Not really any notes either, but I give huge weight to sample questions, exercises etc.
For Economics, No notes, but hardcore reading and sample question taking

I've never had a problem being able to read something just once, understand it right there and then, and have it stay with me forever, always at the ready for whenever I need to reproduce it. With this in mind, ya, I can take it easy with study. This doesn't mean I don't work, though. I just don't really study.

I'm more a doing person when it comes to this kind of stuff, preferring to get into the swing of exam taking through practise and preparation with sample questions/papers, rather than transcribing notes for reinforcement I never really need anyway. Again though, this is just me, so don't take this to be the only way to go. Find what works best for you ;)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
i typed notes for most subjects, ie food tech, ipt, and..shit that aint most

but then i cant do notes for englis really, nor maths, and no hospo midcourse and french..well notes would be useless. So, notes where appropriate, lol

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
my notes, i was gonna put them up on bored, but there were so many other good ones on the module that i made them for, which was english.

histroy extension is in the forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)