Didn't attend my Final Exam, may not get accepted into Special Consideration, what do (1 Viewer)

ottermode

HSC
Hey guys,

I felt genuinely ill during 1 of my final exams so I decided not to go, went to the Dr's later that day, checked me out but she wouldn't sign the Professional Authority Form claiming that she didn't feel that my symptons were severe enough for her to sign it, what should I do and what are my chances of passing this unit? I'm willing to sit a supplementary or get an averaged mark, above all, I would like to pass.

-I've been averaging dinsctions throughout my previous assessments in this course
-Final exam is worth 60%

Thanks

Frostbitten

HSC
Re: Didn't attend my Final Exam, may not get accepted into Special Consideration, wha

Go find some dodgy public doctor who doesn't give a fuck and get him/her to sign it.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Re: Didn't attend my Final Exam, may not get accepted into Special Consideration, wha

Go find some dodgy public doctor who doesn't give a fuck and get him/her to sign it.
Best advice I've ever seen.

However I doubt your symptoms are severe at the moment which makes it harder to get one

tony1984

HSC
N/A

I'm not sure many doctors would be so willing to back-date medical papers. Exams just started though so presumably this was pretty recent. Log onto ask.mq.edu and apply for an appointment with an advisor to explain your situation. Apply for special consideration A.S.A.P as well, and note in it that you visited a GP on the day and request whether any arrangements can be made for you to attend a supplementary during the examination period.

I know of a person who didn't attend their final due to some jitters a year back, and even without visiting a doctor (AFAIK) they got to sit a supplementary. All units have a supplementary final exam by the way, for these very reasons.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
This is what he should have done. Too late now though.

If you are sick and not in hospital you should attempt the exam and put in an appeal afterwards.

I'm not sure many doctors would be so willing to back-date medical papers. Exams just started though so presumably this was pretty recent. Log onto ask.mq.edu and apply for an appointment with an advisor to explain your situation. Apply for special consideration A.S.A.P as well, and note in it that you visited a GP on the day and request whether any arrangements can be made for you to attend a supplementary during the examination period.

I know of a person who didn't attend their final due to some jitters a year back, and even without visiting a doctor (AFAIK) they got to sit a supplementary. All units have a supplementary final exam by the way, for these very reasons.
No, not all courses have supps. You need a good reason to do it as well (e.g. family bereavement or serious illness etc).

crazy_paki123

HSC

dude 1st of all u shouldve still done the exam. I did my finance exam and i was absolutely horrendous. And if u were genuinely ill idk y ur doctor was so tight. my doc always asks me if i need a doc ceritficate nd i dont even ask for it

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Hey guys,

I felt genuinely ill during 1 of my final exams so I decided not to go, went to the Dr's later that day, checked me out but she wouldn't sign the Professional Authority Form claiming that she didn't feel that my symptons were severe enough for her to sign it, what should I do and what are my chances of passing this unit? I'm willing to sit a supplementary or get an averaged mark, above all, I would like to pass.

-I've been averaging dinsctions throughout my previous assessments in this course
-Final exam is worth 60%

Thanks
Unfortunately there's not much you can do and more than likely you'll fail.

There's a process to go about this and feeling a little crook isn't enough to warrant not turning up to your exam.

Out of interest, did you know that you had to attend the exam otherwise you'd fail? Or were you unaware of the processes involved?

Emily Howard

HSC

shouldve seen another dr immediately after, dat bitch is just a cuuuuuunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)