Difference b/w microeconomic reform and policy (1 Viewer)

mitch_f1

HSC
Hello
Was just wondering, what is the difference between microeconomic reform, and microeconomic policy.

Cheers
Mitch

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
It's the policy that brings about the reform, I think. IMHO, they're interchangable. I wouldn't worry too much about the difference - if there's any.

VollDoggy

HSC
Hi mitchell and hi everyone else

Microeconomic policy is all the rules regarding a microeconomic issue, e.g. awards, legislation about Certified Agreements and all that junk prior to 2005, reform is taking some of these laws and legislation either away or minimising their effect, e.g. Certified agreements are now "collective agreements" due to the governments workchoices (workchoices being the reform, the reform happened this year) which you could claim as reform but its really re regulation as they introduced new laws and modified previous laws anyway

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hi Mitchell.
Reform and policy have different definitions don't they?
Anyways, whats AWA and isnt that how employers have their own ways of awards and the labour market is being deregulated.

I might be wrong

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Sparcod said:
Ok thanks Without Wings.
Hows that labour market reform?
Because they're changing the structure of the labour market. By deregulating, it changes how the whole system work, and thus is a "reform".

I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)