Difference between BBA and BCom? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just wondering what exactly is the difference between a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Business Administration?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
A BBA is supposed to let you dabble in a little bit of everything. As a result you get exposure to many different fields including accounting, marketing and human resources.There are no majors and the degree is slightly longer than a Bachelor of Commerce.

A standard Bachelor of Commerce on the other hand will allow you to select a major (or more) and specialize in a particular field.

Also this should be moved to the MQ section.

HSC
A BBA is supposed to let you dabble in a little bit of everything. As a result you get exposure to many different fields including accounting, marketing and human resources.There are no majors and the degree is slightly longer than a Bachelor of Commerce.

A standard Bachelor of Commerce on the other hand will allow you to select a major (or more) and specialize in a particular field.

Also this should be moved to the MQ section.
Oh thank you. And in your opinion, which one would you suggest as the more favourable degree?
Also, sorry I'm new on this site... don't know what the MQ section is?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Personally I would recommend the Bachelor of Commerce. The reason I do so is because I don't feel that the BBA offers enough exposure to make it worthwhile. My advice would be to explore the majors offered under the Bachelor of Commerce and decide which two would interest you the most.

I meant the Macquarie University Section. You'd probably have a better chance of getting replies there. This thread should be moved over to that section shortly. :)

Last edited:

Tim035

HSC
I have a friend currently about midway through his BBA at macquarie, one advantage he's stated is there's some sort of guaranteed work-experience for those students who achieve a distinction + average, plus a lot of the courses are taught with a real industry focus and take place in the Sydney CBD where they often have guest lecturer's etc.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Which one will depend on what you are looking for from the degree - if you have a particular area of business that you want to focus on, then pick a B Commerce and major in that (you can find a list of current majors here: http://www.courses.mq.edu.au/2012/Undergraduate/Degree/Bachelor+of+Commerce#WhatYouWillStudy

If you are interested in a bit of everything and seeing how the different areas of business interact together - then pick a BBA, this gives you a good foundational understanding of business, in particular, management. Only note that the BBA is a very structured degree with no majors/minors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)