Difference between law degree, masters & diploma? (2 Viewers)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Degrees

bobness said:
thanks!

haha its just that made me think maybe others could do this today?

the old generation were luckier :(
I'm not entirely sure why they could. I suspect it used to be like today's medicine courses, where you couldn't just take a degree in Medicine to qualify, you had to first do an undergraduate degree as a foundational type program for higher study, such as law (and in the form of a masters).

But certainly today you can't do a masters of law without an LLB degree.

HSC

bobness said:
Come again?

How can you do law in a Bachelor of Arts? Nowadays if you do that its a combined degree = BA/LLB.

NO FU*KING WAY GENERATION X (BAH WHATEVER THOSE PEOPLE WHO DID UNI IN THE 80S ARE CALLED) COULD DO LAW IN THEIR BA?

could they?
Hm, I would guess that you did the info of law in the BA as a major, but then you would have to do the LLM or secondary law degree for professional qualification? Like the US unis where you do pre-law major and then go to grad law school? this is just a guess though.

p.s. Mr Moonlight, you don't really look like Mr Darcy/Colin Firth do you? ;) My regard for lawboys at unsw goes up 1000000 pts if that is the case...teehee.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A

bobness said:
Come again?

How can you do law in a Bachelor of Arts? Nowadays if you do that its a combined degree = BA/LLB.

NO FU*KING WAY GENERATION X (BAH WHATEVER THOSE PEOPLE WHO DID UNI IN THE 80S ARE CALLED) COULD DO LAW IN THEIR BA?
wrong, on an international basis at least.

X

xeuyrawp

MoonlightSonata said:
But certainly today you can't do a masters of law without an LLB degree.
Or a DipLaw.

Bobness - also worth noting is that UTS has a Masters of Law and Legal Practice, an MLLP, which is a masters but is actually Graduate Law. Something to note if you come across it and wonder what it is.

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
wrong, on an international basis at least.
What was that really annoying from UNSW that hung around here and got admission to a Cambridge(?) BA(Law)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)