Difference between Navigating the Global and Retreat from the Global? (1 Viewer)

swifty13

HSC
I honestly think that Retreat from the Global was easier... Navigating the Global I suppose makes us think about the symbiotic relationship between both the local and the global but perhaps the Retreat from the Global basically talks about returning to the local rather than thinking about the relationship between the local and the global.

A

aislingvisser

I suppose they are similar in a way, although Navigating the Global tends to emphasise that although globalisation and its effects can be negative, it is important not to generalise this, and understand the positives that it can offer (communication, goods, transport etc.). I guess it's just forcing us to realise not only how the characters in each text not only retain their roots, but what the global can theoretically offer them if they choose to embrace it.

But all in all, bring RTFG back. I would much rather be doing that right now!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Very little. Navigating the Global is essentially just a more neutral term, and allows greater focus on the positive benefits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)