Difference between occupational therapy and physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Hey, so I got the mark required for both of these courses (with bonus points) and I need help deciding which one I would like to do.

I've done lots of research on the different careers and jobs themselves however I would like to know the opinions of people doing these courses (post and undergraduate) to help me make my decision

Thanks so much in advance!

Kaye7

HSC
N/A
I'm currently enrolled in Exercise Physiology at UNSW so I'm limited to give you my opinion in that subject. In first year, I did Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy, Psychology, Maths for Life and Social Sciences (aka Statistics) and Exercise Science core subjects (all are required subjects in first year Ex Phys). From USYD's Info Day, I found out that although OT is similar to physio subjects in terms of Anatomy and Bio type subjects, the main difference is that Ex Phys has much more of a focus into Chemistry. OT deals more with Bio sciences, Anatomy (particularly of the limbs) and Sociology/Psychology. Read through the subjects you're required to complete in your chosen courses to get a feel of what's more for you, academic-wise :) You'll find the list of subjects on the university's website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)