Different types of cut-offs - and how to use ATAR to apply for QTAC (as well as UAC) (1 Viewer)

simadine1

HSC
Hi, so I'm a little stuck.
I know that in NSW (where I live), universities have their cut-off marks/ranks in the form of the ATAR (unless the course wants UMAT or something like that).
But as well as applying for universities in NSW through UAC, I want to give myself more chance for acceptance and apply for some courses in Queensland (via QTAC).

However, when I was looking at universities like QUT, they have some of their cut-offs in the form of OP (overall position or something) and some sort of rank. How do I compare the required OP/rank with an ATAR result, and do I somehow need to apply for something besides an ATAR to apply in Queensland? Or does QTAC automatically do that?

Hope I'm making sense.. :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Re: Different types of cut-offs - and how to use ATAR to apply for QTAC (as well as U

i thought the reason they changed it from UAI to ATAR was so every state had the same end result
i.e. they might have different systems (e.g HSC and VCE) but the end result is the same --> an atar

you might want to call them and ask about it though

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Different types of cut-offs - and how to use ATAR to apply for QTAC (as well as U

When applying via QTAC it automatically converts ATAR into OP rank. Conversion table can be found in the above post (first link).

simadine1

HSC

Thanks heaps for the quick reply.
I was looking at the QTAC site for a fair while and wasn't able to find this, so thanks, it was pretty helpful.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)