difficult parents (2 Viewers)

mi misma

HSC
my parents are soooooo controlling like its unbeleivable. they control everything, what i eat, wear, my friends, my future, my happiness, theyve even blocked more that half the internet. also they have confessed they dont trust me, i told my year advisor about this stuff and she said that she cant beleive they dont trust since im a straight A student and NEVER get in trouble at all. she reckons i must have misinterpreted that they dont trust. just shows that year advisors arent the best place to go for advice.
plus i think my parents hate me, especially my mum, she NEVER talks to me, i have never had a mother-daughter conversation with her (unless it involves her telling me off for why i am wearing a particular item of clothing instead of what she chose). my evidence, she and my sister get along perfectly, well my sister hates my she's said it and ive seen it. my brothers are spoilt rotten by my parents.
what do i do??? i think my relationship with my parents is seriously gonna affect my HSC and future (might be cut short to a couple of months) and i keep having suicidal thoughts. my school friends say i should talk to one of those online counsellors but even my phone call are controlled. im really depressed. helpp please1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ::((((((

Go_Lucky

HSC
First piece of advice is that suicide is definitely not the answer. Believe me, everybody has rough patches in their life and then they look back on it and can't believe what they were worried about. I get that this isn't especially comforting at the moment but it's true. If you go through a difficult, stressful time now, then future worries are going to be easily tackled. I absolutely recommend an online counsellor. Go to a pay phone if you have to. I can't make any particularly direct suggestions but maybe your school counsellor is right in suggesting you're misinterpreting the situation... I know I often have with my parents.

mi misma

HSC
umm ive lived in this situation for almost 17 yrs i know im not misinterpreting. also im not allowed to leave the house without my parents so a pay phone is out of the question and we dont have a school counsellor at the moment. so the best option is to just leavve this world, if only it wasnt sinful. thats all what stops me.

Go_Lucky

HSC
It. Is. Not. The. Best. Option. How old are you siblings? Have you ever tried talking to your parents?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
umm ive lived in this situation for almost 17 yrs i know im not misinterpreting. also im not allowed to leave the house without my parents so a pay phone is out of the question and we dont have a school counsellor at the moment. so the best option is to just leavve this world, if only it wasnt sinful. thats all what stops me.
God pease. I hope you do not end up doing this ....

Talk to your friends about it, maybe even ask to stay at your friends for a bit. Suicide is never the answer! PM me (and or others) if you feel like you need to talk to someone :).

mi misma

HSC
im the oldest, next brother 15, sisiter 13, brother i think 11. my teacher said i should talk to them but im too scared to talk to them, i have a feeling that my mum would just say that im wasting her time and that i should go annoy someone else and my dad's barely home. plus, my mum hates it when people tell her that shes doing something wrong. i remember i once suggested a new layout for the lounge and she told me off for telling her what to do.

mi misma

HSC
God pease. I hope you do not end up doing this ....

Talk to your friends about it, maybe even ask to stay at your friends for a bit. Suicide is never the answer! PM me (and or others) if you feel like you need to talk to someone :).
your skydrive notes were really good, thanks heaps.i wish i could stay at a frinds place for a while but i cant stay out my parents for more than three hours and they can only be "approved" frinds. and because of that i cant go to my closest friends place. honestly im just soo tired right now.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
your skydrive notes were really good, thanks heaps.i wish i could stay at a frinds place for a while but i cant stay out my parents for more than three hours and they can only be "approved" frinds. and because of that i cant go to my closest friends place. honestly im just soo tired right now.
No worries, glad I could help

Uhh , mmm, I'll PM you later :).

mi misma

HSC
See, the bos support system. We're here!
yeah originally my dad had blocked this site, but i convinced him to open it for me, i just thought i could get some advice to get my parents to love me or atleast accept me. my mum is the main person who hates me, the rest of the family are forced to do what she says, shes quite controlling

mi misma

HSC
No worries, glad I could help

Uhh , mmm, I'll PM you later :).
thanks, sometimes talkiing to randoms online can let you get wider advice and view on things, its quite amazing you guys dont know but your still helping me out. i hope my life gets better someday. one of my frinds told me that my life right know may suck heaps but one day ill meet a person who'll love me for who i am and everything will get better. God doesnt make everyone's life miserable without having anything to make it better.

Go_Lucky

HSC
i'd try talking to your dad. often it's just one parent who's the problem.

mi misma

HSC
i'd try talking to your dad. often it's just one parent who's the problem.
yeah but im not that close to him since he's barely home, and i dont know how to talk to him. plus, if i could talk to him id want to do it when the rest of the family is not around and thats pretty mush never

Go_Lucky

HSC
i'd try and directly ask him for a private chat. if he sees how much it means to you i'm sure he'll make time.

mi misma

HSC
what do i say to him that his wife is ruining my life? thats not a good way to get him to be supportive of me. and im pretty sure he'd end up blaming everything on me and if he does and talk to my mum about it. then my mum would tell me off for being a bad daughter and etc.

mi misma

HSC
thats life i guess. some people love it some people hate it. its all about who you end up living with.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
mi misma when you get back to school maybe you can borrow a friends phone or something to talk to a counselor ?

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I'm definitely in no position to provide advice on this matter, but I just want to say that although you feel like some people don't care about you, the truth is, so many more people love you and depend on you.

Everyone goes through rough patches. You're not alone in this sense - yes, your situation seems horrible, but you've got two options: to look at it with a positive outset or negatively.

I really really suggest that you look at your situation positively and know that you're not powerless. There are so many people that want to help you and love you, and want to stop you feeling this bad. Just take the people on BoS for instance; complete strangers want to help you! You're never alone!

So talk to friends, arrange to see the school counsellor, call lifeline. Obviously this is hurting you a lot, so it's really important to start talking about it.

Personally, there was a period in which I hated my life and I thought I had absolutely no one who loved me. Yes, in the moment, it really sucked, but in hindsight, I'm so glad that I didn't do anything drastic. I'm now in a much better place; for me, everything became so much better once school was over. Obviously my situation is heaps different to yours, but my point is to not give up because better times will come.

Anyways, I wish you all the best in your future - just remember, you can always come to BoS for some advice, or just a chat :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)