difficult parents (1 Viewer)

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, I am so sorry. I want to say that if you find that you can't talk to anyone, often the people online here are here to listen and support you. I remember I used beyondblue forums when I was feeling depressed and it was comforting to know that there were like-minded people in one environment willing to help me out. Also, local services in the area should offer counselling and support for free. If your school's one is a dud, seek local established services. For example, I live on the North Shore and there is a service called KYDS that is for free for all those 18 and below. Stay strong.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
When school goes back, see the counsellor right away and tell them that you can't use the phone/internet to talk to a counsellor - get them to let you use their phone.

Whatever you do, don't try suicide. I kinda know about the situation you are in - at least you have a bit of freedom at school. At one stage my parents had the deputy principle personally stalking me, always checking what I was doing in the library (I was not allowed to use the home computer, not even to do my assignments)! I know that probably won't make you feel any better, but just know you aren't the only one who as been through this shit.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks, sometimes talkiing to randoms online can let you get wider advice and view on things, its quite amazing you guys dont know but your still helping me out. i hope my life gets better someday. one of my frinds told me that my life right know may suck heaps but one day ill meet a person who'll love me for who i am and everything will get better. God doesnt make everyone's life miserable without having anything to make it better.
Don't worry :), your friend is correct, someone will love you for who you are :p.

pHyRe

HSC
i'm projecting here, but finish the HSC do well, go to uni and tell your parents to get effed haha

that's how i felt a year ago, but my parents are heaps chill these days so I dont mind em anymore. but yours seem way way way more controlling and oppresive.

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
As Galapagos said, he has been through this similar shit. Look what's he doing now B law 2014, great future ahead of him. You could be the same. Just work hard, study hard. Then in the future, say to their face who the fuck is successful. At that time YOU get to choose what you eat, what you wear, the friends you have, your future and your happiness. Don't think short term, think long term. It's not worth sacrificing your life because of your so-called "parents". Don't Worry thinks will work out eventually. Good Luck and May God Bless You! :)

mi misma

HSC
mi misma when you get back to school maybe you can borrow a friends phone or something to talk to a counselor ?
i feel weird verbally talking about this stuff to people i can get my stuff straight. writing has always helped. like all of you guys who took time out to read this have talked some sense into me, i have mentally made more progress with my life in this one day than i did in a week talking to my schools year advisor. thanks.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
i feel weird verbally talking about this stuff to people i can get my stuff straight. writing has always helped. like all of you guys who took time out to read this have talked some sense into me, i have mentally made more progress with my life in this one day than i did in a week talking to my schools year advisor. thanks.
That's great to hear! :). Think positive.

I should also recommend you a book "don't sweat the small stuff in life".

mi misma

HSC
I'm definitely in no position to provide advice on this matter, but I just want to say that although you feel like some people don't care about you, the truth is, so many more people love you and depend on you.

Everyone goes through rough patches. You're not alone in this sense - yes, your situation seems horrible, but you've got two options: to look at it with a positive outset or negatively.

I really really suggest that you look at your situation positively and know that you're not powerless. There are so many people that want to help you and love you, and want to stop you feeling this bad. Just take the people on BoS for instance; complete strangers want to help you! You're never alone!

So talk to friends, arrange to see the school counsellor, call lifeline. Obviously this is hurting you a lot, so it's really important to start talking about it.

Personally, there was a period in which I hated my life and I thought I had absolutely no one who loved me. Yes, in the moment, it really sucked, but in hindsight, I'm so glad that I didn't do anything drastic. I'm now in a much better place; for me, everything became so much better once school was over. Obviously my situation is heaps different to yours, but my point is to not give up because better times will come.

Anyways, I wish you all the best in your future - just remember, you can always come to BoS for some advice, or just a chat :)
thanks, like i said earlier you guys in Bos are better than real people in a way. none of the people i know have issues similar to mine, its comforting to know they are others in crappy situations and have made it through. i guess i should take you guys as an example and try my best to get the most out of life, even though my life is quite restricted. talking to my parents wont help but i have to be grateful that there are others out there more understanding and humane than my own blood. thanks,

thank you soo m

mi misma

HSC
Wow, I am so sorry. I want to say that if you find that you can't talk to anyone, often the people online here are here to listen and support you. I remember I used beyondblue forums when I was feeling depressed and it was comforting to know that there were like-minded people in one environment willing to help me out. Also, local services in the area should offer counselling and support for free. If your school's one is a dud, seek local established services. For example, I live on the North Shore and there is a service called KYDS that is for free for all those 18 and below. Stay strong.
thanks for the advice, but i came to a decision last night that ill get through this year and once im 18 ill leave home or tey to spend as much as i can of my life away from home. at the moment ive started to look at spiritual ways of getting through this and it has given me a new purpose and meaing in life. i hope i can get through this un-scarred and none of you guys ever should face or be in a situation like me. we all should live together happily and love each other. after all were all children of two souls Adam and Eve. so we should hurt each other, rather protect and love each other. thanks.

mi misma

HSC
When school goes back, see the counsellor right away and tell them that you can't use the phone/internet to talk to a counsellor - get them to let you use their phone.

Whatever you do, don't try suicide. I kinda know about the situation you are in - at least you have a bit of freedom at school. At one stage my parents had the deputy principle personally stalking me, always checking what I was doing in the library (I was not allowed to use the home computer, not even to do my assignments)! I know that probably won't make you feel any better, but just know you aren't the only one who as been through this shit.
yeah school the only thing that lets me look foward to things, its amazing how blood is not always thicker than water. and to know other have survived crappy situation does help me, it makes me feel stronger and that there may be some hope left in this cruel place. thanks.

mi misma

HSC
Don't worry :), your friend is correct, someone will love you for who you are :p.

you sound quite alot like one of my closest friends. she thinks that this experience is just going to make me stronger and that ill do something amazing in the future. thanks. i never understood how people can make friends online with random people, but i guess im already seeing the positives of my situation. it has allowed me to met people how are willing to reach out to help someone whose name they dont even know. thank you so much.

mi misma

HSC
i'm projecting here, but finish the HSC do well, go to uni and tell your parents to get effed haha

that's how i felt a year ago, but my parents are heaps chill these days so I dont mind em anymore. but yours seem way way way more controlling and oppresive.
that exactly my plan once im 18 ill be able to be myself and live a better life. i just hope that they'll be "chill" with my plan. :) thanks

mi misma

HSC
As Galapagos said, he has been through this similar shit. Look what's he doing now B law 2014, great future ahead of him. You could be the same. Just work hard, study hard. Then in the future, say to their face who the fuck is successful. At that time YOU get to choose what you eat, what you wear, the friends you have, your future and your happiness. Don't think short term, think long term. It's not worth sacrificing your life because of your so-called "parents". Don't Worry thinks will work out eventually. Good Luck and May God Bless You! :)
thank you for you support. and i hope God blesses you all for supporting me, and talking me through this. i hope i can be successful and show them who i really am. thanks.

mi misma

HSC
That's great to hear! :). Think positive.

I should also recommend you a book "don't sweat the small stuff in life".
ive put a pause on reading till my hsc is over. but ill make sure to read it once im done. thanks. its really nice talking to real people for once not those who have said the same stuff to so many in bad situations. thanks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I find it helps also to think thats its only one more year then I have the ability to leave home if needs be

ShadowLighte

HSC
I'm also in a difficult situation with my parents except my parents don't say they hate me, they just don't really care. She's constantly yelling at me and telling me how stupid I am etc. And the thing is, she's seemingly the only person that can make me cry by saying that. I might get angry or just not care if anyone else said that but if my mum says it, I can't control the tears. I suppose it's because when I did something wrong as a child she'd do the same but also beat me so it's become a natural response.

It's really hard, I know. But I can't leave when I'm 18 because I don't have the kind of courage. I figure it's mostly the mothers and mine kind of .. wired me so that I'm heavily dependent on her. She's controlled all my life, made me obedient and feel like everyone is of a higher power than I so I'm scared of people and now have social anxiety haha great. But yeah, I can't leave. I definitely read those as a form of escapism, it's pretty damn good. You should definitely try talking to someone. Try Kids Helpline's email service. I used that for several years before I went to actually see the school counsellor but he didn't help. Still, I very strongly recommend to get all the help you can. Even if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. don't give up. Though your parents might not care, there are always others that do. 'But you don't even know me'- That doesn't matter. The people who've replied all care and they most likely have never seen/talked to you before.

My inbox is always open.

ShadowLighte

HSC
What about the details? Where would you go? Where'd you get the money? What if you can't find a job?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)