• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Difficulty in getting a High B5 - Low B6 In Advance? (1 Viewer)

cfair

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I never have problems with time... I am a very fast writer.

I'm weird, like I said I'll have a few of my ideas down but from then on I'll just incorporate everything together somehow in a logical flow... or at least I think it's logical.

ellen.louise

HSC
cs01001 said:
Techniques and flair/flaire as in ... ?
techniques as in how the composer conveys meaning in the text (eg. high modality language to convey a sense of urgency)

flair referring to you essay itself. Creative flaire and a knack for language, basically. The difference between a band 5 and a band 6 response might be your language, eg.

This means that the inner journey is a catalyst for changing one's perspectives (band 4 or 5)

vs.

Through this the composer conveys the idea/concept that the inner journey is a catalyst for changing one's perspectives. (closer to band 6)

flaire also refers to your ideas: original ideas rather than what it says in the excel study guide, will get you the marks.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Do HSC markers expect secondary quotes on say, Adv English tasks?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Many people in Standard English (and to an extent, Advanced English) retell the story as opposed to going straight in and analysing their texts. The markers know your texts and do not need a pretentious school student retelling it to them.

Also, knowing and identifying the techniques themselves is easy. The marks are on whether you're able to articulate what their purpose is and how they relate to your topic at hand.

@ Simonloo. What do you mean by "secondary quotes"?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Kind of like historiography, where you quote an outsider/expert.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I'm still not particularly sure on what you two mean but for the AOS and Module C, we did quote a few critics, who were experts in their field of literature and put them into our essays. It was just their opinion of the pieces or at least, I think it is.

Does that help?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think that's what simonloo meant.

Anonymous Koala

HSC
For my assessment tasks that I knew or vaguely knew the question I memorised entire essays word for word. But now I will have to change that because I won't be able to memorise like 30 essays for the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)