Difficulty starting 'World Order' Essay (1 Viewer)

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I'm struggling to construct an essay for World Order as I dont really have any structure to base it off. I've failed to find any essays online. Can anyone help?

Thanks

happyhunter

HSC
What is the question? Most essays for legal and eco mostly start with definitions, but with the question i can give a more detailed answer :)

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
"evaluate the effectiveness of legal and non-legal mechanisms in dealing with contemporary issues concerning world order"

I want to focus on ISIS but do I just focus on them?

happyhunter

HSC
"evaluate the effectiveness of legal and non-legal mechanisms in dealing with contemporary issues concerning world order"

I want to focus on ISIS but do I just focus on them?
Going by the question it does say 'issues' so more then one is probably better.

A nice comprehensive legal response: Intro > Para 1 > Para 2 > Para 3 > Para 4 > Conclusion

Usually it is great to talk about 2 legal and 2 non-legal linking their effectiveness with both the themes and challenges and obviously using the contemporary issues as examples.

I've been told to avoid definitions like the plague in legal studies?
The most difficult part in the HSC is trying to please the markers, especially in an essay. Some markers may prefer a definition and mark you down for not having them and some may hate them and mark you down for having them (Hopfully your marker isn't this strict :tongue: ). It truly is just going with what you feel is acceptable and rolling the dice. I feel as long as the essay flows well and answers the question then you will be fine.

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
What other contemporary Issues are there? Do you look at both Issues in one para for each mechanism?

happyhunter

HSC
What other contemporary Issues are there? Do you look at both Issues in one para for each mechanism?
The contemporary issue would be used as a example to try and get your point across about the legal/non legal response.

For example, The United Nations Security Council can be seen as ineffective in the Palestine and Israel crisis because any resolution drafted is knocked down by either Russia or the US using their VETO powers.

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
Should you argue both for and against? or just either effective or non-effective?

happyhunter

HSC
Should you argue both for and against? or just either effective or non-effective?

You can points for and against, but in the end you want to make a judgment on the effectiveness of the mechanism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)