Digital Cameras (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Ok I want to buy a digital camera but I dont know nothing about that stuff. What I really wanna know is how much do these things cost? Can I get one for under $200? What quality pictures do the low - end ones produce? Where do I even buy one from? =P

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Low end ones are 2mega pixel usually and with 100 and something dollars you'll get one of those. The 3mega pixel and above are like $300+
And where to buy one? Dick Smith Powerhouse, Harvey Norman, Domayne, etc

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
practically get it anywhere

hmm.. i rekon a 2mp is fine to use.
you can get a sony cybershot one for like <$300

higher the Mp means morespecific and detailed the pictures are. i only use like 3.1 mp on my camera.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
2mp isn't really enough if you want to print pictures any bigger than a post card.

but for things on the web 2mp is enough.

Remember, mp isn't everything, i suggest you read up reviews of the camera you want to buy, many cheap cameras have lighting and colour problems.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
canon a200 good camera, dirt cheap ...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
2mp isn't really enough if you want to print pictures any bigger than a post card.

but for things on the web 2mp is enough.

Remember, mp isn't everything, i suggest you read up reviews of the camera you want to buy, many cheap cameras have lighting and colour problems.
yep that's exactly what you should be considering when buying a digital camera!

stay away from sony

canon, pentax, maybe panasonic are the ones which you should be looking at
oh yeh
there was a hewlette packade (sp?) camera on sale at office works
it was originally 200, sale for 150
but then HP is also offering a cash back of 50 making the camera at half price 100! BARGAIN!

{Don't quote me on prices, i'm just going from the top of my head of something i read but it was a pure bargain for an alright camera}

not sure if the offer is still available

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
ok ... pros out there ...
what is the best digital camera/printer combo ... that can wrk without a computer (directly connect to printer) ... any hlp would be kindly appreciated :)

G

Gavvvvvin

Originally posted by RUB!X
canon a200 good camera, dirt cheap ...
I just looked that thing up . . . and it isnt exactly what id call "dirt cheap" . . .

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
well if u wanna go crazy then get the same brand printer and digi cam.... but realli.. as long as the printer can take a card and has like one of those cool screen thingys then it shouldnt matter... personally i recommend digi cams from nikon and olympus... *sigh* soo cool... printer wise... umm i guess canon makes pretti good printers for the price and runnig cost.... hp is good... epson is expensive in the long run i think... but yea

soul_guardian

HSC
well, if u want pics to be the same size as a normal photo, then u would want about 3.2 megapixel - thatz for pretty clear shots. The prices 4 digital cams have come down now and u can get em for pretty cheap, prob < 250 for a decent quality one. If u wanna go to the next step u can get a printer dock as well, even though ur home printer should do all right provided u get some photo paper. I here there offering a kodak 3.1mp cam and printer dock for like $400. Might ewant to check it out

G

Gavvvvvin

So are you guys saying that I should only get an expensive camera if I want to print out my photos? Because I dont want to print them out I just wanna fool around with them in graphics programs . . .

RCMasterAA

HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
So are you guys saying that I should only get an expensive camera if I want to print out my photos? Because I dont want to print them out I just wanna fool around with them in graphics programs . . .
If you just wanna keep them on the comp, a 3.2mp camera should do you fine.

soul_guardian

HSC
if its just 4 like websites and stuff, a 2mp will do u fine. Basically, the larger the mp, the larger the pic.

toisthbe

Evil Member
im going to ask someone to buy me a digital camera for my 18th.

so the only thing that matters about a good digital camera is the megapixels?
what about battery life..how long is good

RCMasterAA

HSC
Most of the 2-4 mp cameras just use double As or rechargeable batteries and unless you're keeping it on for ages without going home once in a while to charge it, I wouldn't worry too much about battery life.
But shh, don't say that the only thing that matters is megapixels cause you'll incur the wrath of the board camera gods who'll wreak vengeance by correcting you. :p
Generally, the most important thing about a digital camera is the megapixels, after all, that's what companies love to advertise first.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
canon camera uses those rechargeable ones (flat types).

RCMasterAA : you're avatar is soo CUTE! :shy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)