Digital Rights Management (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Urgghhh the name bothers me! If media companies get their way it will be virtually impossible to copy unliscend copyright material.

Im familar that it is against the law to copy unliscend material but there are some considerations to consider with DRM

If a company suplies Digital Music as a service and uses say "Sealed Storage (more info look on Google) to supply the music, in short only the propoietry program to decrypt the music can play it (i.e Winamp, Media Player may not be able to it) But what if the company goes out of business? Or they stop creating the propietary program? Youve paid your dollars for a failed business.

Somehow I cant see it happening for a while, because most hardware companies wont put up with the extra hassle and cost it will be for their production. Plus users wont embrace it, therefore this means decreased revenue for them.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Beaky said:
what if the company goes out of business? Or they stop creating the propietary program?
Yes. Much like Beta vs VHS.

Kez_136

Oh yeah, DRM is kind of annoying... but wait untill Hardware DRM comes out.... that wont be nice... it's comprised of "The Fritz Chip", named after some US Senator hell bent on banishing all forms of music copying.... if that actually comes about, you will not be able to copy anything... at all... :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
meh.. should be circumvented once it comes out.. god u got to love those hackers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)