DILEMMA: early feb round offer? (1 Viewer)

Alfred.Einstein

HSC
please help:
yesterday i received an offer for my 3rd preference of public communication @ UTS(cut off was 93.05 ATAR), however what i really wanted was my 1st preference of international & global studies @ USYD (cut off was 95.7 ATAR)

okay so i recently scored an ATAR of 95.1, and have realised that i dont want to do the course that i was offered a place in and want to try my luck again with getting into USYD

i already "accepted" by offer at UTS by clicking the little button at the top of the pop up window, but havnt actually "enrolled" eg- making my UTS email and the other shiz

i changed my preferences around today with the hope of getting into USYD arts (cut off is 84 ATAR)- which is now my 1st preference, so that i MAY change to int & global studies at USYD after the 1st year.
and now int & global studies @ USYD is my 2nd preference, as i got 0.6 ATAR below the cut off.

does anyone have any idea on my chances of getting into USYD now?
either through ARTS or INT & GLOBAL STUDIES?
--- i saw that last year (2009) they DID offer people places in both courses in the early feb round (ARTS @ 84 UAI- lower uai than it was in main round, and INT&GS @ 95.2 UAI- higher uai than it was in main round)

is it better to leave everything the way i have already done it OR do it another way?
eg:
1. leave int & global studies as 1st pref, and make arts at USYD 2nd (as i may have a chance of getting into int & global studies during early feb round)?
2. properly enrol in UTS? (what are the repercussions of this, if i do get an offer from USYD?)

please give me advice/ views
thanks so much! :)

Andi0390

HSC
You should puts the one you want most in 1st place. So put the Global & Int. studies in first place, and Arts in your second.

If there are any places you are probably likely to get an offer to Arts - but I was under the impression that USYD wasn't really planning on making late round offers, and pretty much all their courses look full. Keep your hopes up.

spence

HSC
please help:
yesterday i received an offer for my 3rd preference of public communication @ UTS(cut off was 93.05 ATAR), however what i really wanted was my 1st preference of international & global studies @ USYD (cut off was 95.7 ATAR)

okay so i recently scored an ATAR of 95.1, and have realised that i dont want to do the course that i was offered a place in and want to try my luck again with getting into USYD

i already "accepted" by offer at UTS by clicking the little button at the top of the pop up window, but havnt actually "enrolled" eg- making my UTS email and the other shiz

i changed my preferences around today with the hope of getting into USYD arts (cut off is 84 ATAR)- which is now my 1st preference, so that i MAY change to int & global studies at USYD after the 1st year.
and now int & global studies @ USYD is my 2nd preference, as i got 0.6 ATAR below the cut off.

does anyone have any idea on my chances of getting into USYD now?
either through ARTS or INT & GLOBAL STUDIES?
--- i saw that last year (2009) they DID offer people places in both courses in the early feb round (ARTS @ 84 UAI- lower uai than it was in main round, and INT&GS @ 95.2 UAI- higher uai than it was in main round)

is it better to leave everything the way i have already done it OR do it another way?
eg:
1. leave int & global studies as 1st pref, and make arts at USYD 2nd (as i may have a chance of getting into int & global studies during early feb round)?
2. properly enrol in UTS? (what are the repercussions of this, if i do get an offer from USYD?)

please give me advice/ views
thanks so much! :)
you should leave as your first preference whichever one you want to do most, which i'm guessing is international and global. and you should enrol in UTS in case you don't get an offer from USyd, you can always withdraw later on

HSC
ooh, this.

i'm sort of on the same boat as you are, and would LOVE for an offer to intl & global too.

what i did was change intl & global to my first preference and perhaps you should too - on the basis that there may still be vacancies (well, i'm definitely hoping! it's published to be full on the UAC report though) and BA seems very full (1300+ offers given out i believe). if i'm not mistaken, i remember being told that intl & global offers about 260 intakes, and 238 offers were given in main round so hopefully there are actually 22 offers left for other rounds. so currently, i've got intl & global as my first choice and BA as second, followed by three other similar degrees within the usyd arts faculty as backup. i hope that's a wise way to go...?

i called up usyd today and they said that most offers are given in main rounds and we can only just keep our fingers tightly crossed.

i saw that last year (2009) they DID offer people places in both courses in the early feb round (ARTS @ 84 UAI- lower uai than it was in main round, and INT&GS @ 95.2 UAI- higher uai than it was in main round)
i also know of someone who received an offer to intl & global in the late round last year when she missed out on main round. so i guess there is hope (i think.... i hope!)

it's also very much dependent on the ATAR against the cut-off point though, so let's just pray that no one else with 95.70++++ ATARs try for it D:
if you're eligible for EAS or anything of the like, you may stand a good chance. although, flexible entry scheme apparently does not apply to feb & late rounds.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)