Dilpoma of Languages (1 Viewer)

dior1

HSC
N/A
Diploma in Languages

For those studying a Dip.Lang, where are you studying it, what language are you studying, why are you studying it and do you enjoy it?

And also, what degree are you studying it with?

:)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Re: Diploma in Languages

dior1 said:
For those studying a Dip.Lang, where are you studying it, what language are you studying, why are you studying it and do you enjoy it?

And also, what degree are you studying it with?

:)
Doubt you'll find many people doing it here (maybe one or two might poke their heads in...).

I started out doing a DipLang with my current degree (Ancient History), but I'm probably going to upgrade it to something else (international studies or arts or something) to do another major as well.

dior1

HSC
N/A
aww, so where are they all at?
: (

hopefully some people just drop by

lionking1191

HSC
is it offered by all arts faculties? i only heard about the 3 yr. concurrent program with unsw.

X

xeuyrawp

dior1 said:
aww, so where are they all at?
: (

hopefully some people just drop by
I'm personally at Macquarie.

lionking1191 said:
is it offered by all arts faculties?
Best thing to do is to look it up online on each uni's site.

HSC
I'm doing a B.Languages at UNE, which isnt exactly what you're asking about, but it's closer than nothing. The Diploma of Languages is also on offer at UNE.

So, as I said, I'm at UNE - Armidale. They have a very good Languages department. I'm studying two languages, as is expected with B.Lang, and they are French major and Italian minor. I am doing this degree because it shows better career prospects as compared to B/Arts in Languages, and I also have to spend a year overseas. And do I enjoy it? Definately! It is a lot of work, as it is with learning any language, but it is well worth it. You'll have the ability to travel far and to understand the culture and people (and language) a bit better for studying languages previously.

I would definately recommend learning a language.

I know this isnt exactly what you wanted, but I hope it helps nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)