• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

directorial concept!! (1 Viewer)

turbulence

As we all have to do for our individual project/performance a directorial concept which im lost in i thought i might ask some help. I myself are finding it quite hard, and i thought we all may be to help each other. I read them at onstage and they where awesome but didnt write them down in my head (if you know wat i mean). Personally im doing lighting fro holy day and i have focused on desgin and other ideas, i have neglected my directorial concept!!!

any ideas on the best way to form one . . or anything bout the directorial concept, or even bout the process

come on guys and gals :D

Last edited:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
okay... i did poster/program for a project last year, what i did to establish a directoral concept is i sat down read the play, then i did a rough sketch of the set, costume, lighting, which actor plays what, what the actors should look like, almost like your doing directors folio, but not to that extreme! then just write what you have.. .mine wasnt in-depth enough (BIG MISTAKE), i didnt assign actors to roles, and fukd it up there (I did a dream play) and yeah... my concept didnt come up in my project. so what you do is discuss what you figured out up there in your rationale! sounds complex i noe.. ill post my crappy one a little later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)