Dirt Music: Help! (1 Viewer)

ranthony

HSC
Hey, I have to do an assignment for RFTG, and I've chosen Dirt Music as my related text. I read it and it's good, but I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!:angry:

Can anyone please give me info on:

Concept
Values
Features of Form and Language
Context
and most of all, PARADIGMS

Thanks alot.

serafina

HSC
Dont worry im in the same boat as you! its a great book but can be quite complicated
look at the juxtaposition of Georgie and Fox's values and think about what they symbolise.
ive been tryin to look up information of the context of the novel for ages but am finding it hard to find much useful information.
the only info i can find is about winton and how he aims to represent his enviromental concerns about western australia... anyways sorry that i couldnt help too much but wishing you best of luck.
if any1 has more tips or information please let us know. :)
thanks guys xx

Cheap Thrills

HSC
well i spose you could talk about the australian identity, which plays a massive role in the novel. about the small town menality...that might be a nice link to the castle if you're doing that.

environmental concerns would be a massive issue, esp when dealing with globalisation. have you considered neo-colonialism and possibly what affects globalisation is having on indigenous australia?

winton is full of underlying meanings, you just have to probe.

what sort of paradigms does RFTG look at? i do i&s but i find this more interesting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)