• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Disadvantage forms (3 Viewers)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You can, but you have to get a tonne of extra paperwork and submit a copy to each uni you want to go to, and not all of these(in fact most won't) will accept the forms. However if you filled everything out as quickly as possible(ie tonight/tommorow morning) and went to Homebush and gave it in by hand then you might not count as late and won't have all the other hassles.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
kami said:
You can, but you have to get a tonne of extra paperwork and submit a copy to each uni you want to go to, and not all of these(in fact most won't) will accept the forms. However if you filled everything out as quickly as possible(ie tonight/tommorow morning) and went to Homebush and gave it in by hand then you might not count as late and won't have all the other hassles.
damn i havent really done any of it.....

ill need to do it tomorrow :( fuck

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Lots of Uni's wont accept late EAS Applications :( I sent mine yesterday via express post.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Casmira said:
they do accept them, its just you wont get first round offers

you need to make sure any photocopies is verified by a justice of the peace
EAS is only for the main round.

HSC
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has recieved a letter from UAC showing the ammount of marks they are recieving for disadvantage? Will they send out an form saying how many marks you will be receiving? I have heard that a friend has got 10 disadvantage marks today. Is this possible or are they only going to give you the marks after you get your mark from all the subjects?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Some unis send notification letters regarding your EAS application, some don't, so its best to just sit tight for a while.
EDIT: Its only USYD, UTS and UNSW who send out letters, and they do so in late December.

Last edited:

HSC
Ah ok. I have heard that a someone in my school has received a letter yesturday and he claims to have recieved 10 marks. Are they suppose to tell you how many marks you will be getting or don't you recieve the extra marks according to the UAI you get?

HSC
sikeveo said:
EAS is only for the main round.
are you sure? the school counsellor (that deals with EAS forms) said that if you miss it first go that you get into second round of EAS applicants (ie. after EAS/remainign applicants have their first choice, then its your go?)

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
yeah i got a letter today from UAC saying i'm eligible.
it doesnt say how many points though so im guessing its 5 seeing as you're accepted up to 5 points below.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
are you sure? the school counsellor (that deals with EAS forms) said that if you miss it first go that you get into second round of EAS applicants (ie. after EAS/remainign applicants have their first choice, then its your go?)
No, your counsellor must be confused between allocation and the EAS itself. EAS is only for the main round. Allocation, which is a method used by some unis with their EAS candidates, means that within that limit they will consider you for all courses you have put a preference for. Essentially its just a different kind of ranking as the uni will set aside so many below cut-off places for EAS applicants and they have to compete for that place according to UAI.
muselara said:
it doesnt say how many points though so im guessing its 5 seeing as you're accepted up to 5 points below.
That actually doesn't mean anything as UAC basically processes the information and sends it out to the unis in your preferences and then *those* unis individually decide your case and will award you the number of bonus points or allocation leeway they see fit for your problems. eg USYD could except and give out say 5 allocation points, whereas UWS might reject you and award nothing. So you'll find out if UNSW, USYD and UTS accept you in late December, and the rest when/if you get in I suppose.

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
well it says i'm eligible so that's all i can go by at the moment obviously.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
What? UAC dont send out letters. ACCESS sometimes can mean shit all. The cut off for access last yr for optom was 97.9. The standard cut off was 98. It depends on how good the candidates are.

HSC
Are there any other disadvantage type of forms, for example, without applying for university is there one that will just boost your UAI up?

laura_h

HSC
muselara said:
ok now im in a panic...i haven't got a letter yet! muselara, when did you send in your application?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
laura h said:
ok now im in a panic...i haven't got a letter yet! muselara, when did you send in your application?
Don't panic, just check your mail - I got one too and it doesn't really give out any information. It just means they have your stuff and they're examining it.
#23 said:
Are there any other disadvantage type of forms, for example, without applying for university is there one that will just boost your UAI up?
Nope, nothing boosts the UAI that they give you, you can have allocation or "bonus points" for some individual unis through your EAS or through certain regional entry schemes for your local uni though.
#23 said:
Ah ok. I have heard that a someone in my school has received a letter yesturday and he claims to have recieved 10 marks. Are they suppose to tell you how many marks you will be getting or don't you recieve the extra marks according to the UAI you get?
He wouldn't get told that kind of information for EAS until late December.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)