Disadvantage points.. (1 Viewer)

Malla

HSC
I been wondering.. Students at my school are supposed to get disadvantage points onto our UAI's because of poor rank and shit. Well, when do we get these points?? And do we know how many we get?? And also, because we get these extra points, are our UAI's treated as equally as someone with the same UAI but without disadvantage points??

H

housemouse

No you do not get extra points to your UAI, you just get considered for courses higher than your uai if you got EAS if thats what your talking about.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
You should have gotten a letter from UAC confirming that you've been considered for the EAS, because UAC automatically generates applications for kids from disadvantaged schools. Did you get one? If not, then are you sure your school is considered as one?

The amount of "points" allocated depends on the university and severity of disadvantage, some like UTS give up to 10 points others around 5. If you applied for anything say Sydney for example, you'd have recieved a letter by now either accepting or denying you under the EAS. Others don't tell you, you'll just find out when you get accepted for a course or not, your actual UAI doesn't increase.

You could phone UAC if you're still not sure.

Malla

HSC
Yes, I got a letter early November informing me of the EAS scheme. I got the EAS because of the following disadvantage; S01A - School listed in Priority School Funding program. I didn't even fill out an application (don't think I needed to), but as housemouse was saying, I just get considered for courses higher then my UAI?
My UAI was shit (58.90) and basically the max cutoff of I've had as a preference is 61.00. I was just wondering how much points, so I know the max cut off I should consider, but since we never know, guess I just gotta wait. Fkn inpatient

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Malla said:
My UAI was shit (58.90) and basically the max cutoff of I've had as a preference is 61.00. I was just wondering how much points, so I know the max cut off I should consider, but since we never know, guess I just gotta wait. Fkn inpatient
What uni's did you apply to?

Go have a look at their website under alternative entry and the educational access scheme, or go to the UAC site and download the EAS booklet - it has the answer to your question in the back.

Macquarie is 4
Sydney is 5
UTS is up to 10
Newcastle is 4

That's all I know because they're the ones I applied to.

H

housemouse

You should read existing threads about EAS or any concerns you have about the UAi because your questions should be answered there.

Malla

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
What uni's did you apply to?

Go have a look at their website under alternative entry and the educational access scheme, or go to the UAC site and download the EAS booklet - it has the answer to your question in the back.

Macquarie is 4
Sydney is 5
UTS is up to 10
Newcastle is 4

That's all I know because they're the ones I applied to
I'm applying mostly at UWS.. Got a clue about their points ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)