Discontinue fail vs 21/100 fail mark. HELLPP (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Discontinue fail vs 21/100 fail mark

I can decide between one of these on my transcript. Which one would looks less worse
To my future employers.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Put yourself in a job interview:

Employer: "Why did you get a discontinue fail?"
You: " I dropped out because it was too hard/i was failing etc"

To the employer, you'll look like you've given up.

And then for the grade:

Employer: "Why did you get such a low mark?"
You: " I struggled with the subject, now I know my effort wasn't good enough/ what my strengths and weaknesses are"

Won't look as bad as a kid who drops the subject just because he was struggling. You didn't give up when things got to hard. Employers, personally, wouldn't look favorably upon somebody who gives up because it makes them question whether your trustworthy and in this job for the long term.

Ps. Your English skills on this forum drive me insane because they're terrible.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

And then for the grade:

You: " I struggled with the subject, now I know my effort wasn't good enough/ what my strengths and weaknesses are"

Won't look as bad as a kid who drops the subject just because he was struggling. You didn't give up when things got to hard. Employers, personally, wouldn't look favorably upon somebody who gives up because it makes them question whether your trustworthy and in this job for the long term.

What I was going to say for my discontinue fail is that I was experiencing extreme personal reasons (which is true) and also accidently enrolled into a second year subject (which is also true).

Anyone have any other tips?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
What I was going to say for my discontinue fail is that I was experiencing extreme personal reasons (which is true) and also accidently enrolled into a second year subject (which is also true).

Anyone have any other tips?
Although your first reason very well may be valid, I have a hard time believing the second one.

Discontinue Fail deadline is usually around 7 weeks or so into the course (give or take a bit). How could you have possible gone through that much of a course without realising that it was 2nd Year?

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Although your first reason very well may be valid, I have a hard time believing the second one.

Discontinue Fail deadline is usually around 7 weeks or so into the course (give or take a bit). How could you have possible gone through that much of a course without realising that it was 2nd Year?
Yeah true. I did know, but I wanted to challenge myself since I already dropped a subject. HOWEVER IT ALL TURNED OUT SO BAD.

v1

HSC
Yeah true. I did know, but I wanted to challenge myself since I already dropped a subject. HOWEVER IT ALL TURNED OUT SO BAD.
don't challenge yourself if you know you're not capable.. take smaller steps

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

And then for the grade:

Both look bad, and the justifications are the same for both. E.g. Reversed

You: "I struggled with some personal issues, which led me to dropping the subject in order to refocus and really play to my strengths the next time round"

vs

You: I struggled with the subject because I didn't put enough work or thought into it.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

You: "I struggled with some personal issues, which led me to dropping the subject in order to refocus and really play to my strengths the next time round"

vs

You: I struggled with the subject because I didn't put enough work or thought into it.
ummm the first reason seems so much beter than the second lol

enoilgam

HSC
If you put the right spin on it, then either excuse can be ok - but then again, it depends on the employer. Some employers admire honesty and people who own up to their mistakes. Others though, might be less forgiving.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'd say employers will see through that kind of excuse when you have selectively discontinued only half of your subjects. Why do you think you will get 21 though? Surely there are the finals left which are worth a large chunk?

RishBonjour

HSC

I can decide between one of these on my transcript. Which one would looks less worse
To my future employers.
I fucking hope you're a troll mate because you are literally the stupidest kunt on here. All your questions are about the same shit and all about future employers. wtf, no ones going to hire you just because you went to south korea for exchange if your grades are shit and you obviously can't do things by yourself (ask people at uni? peers? lecturers? you don't want bos to hold your dick during university)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
This is most likely a troll.

You last minuted all your HSC study, got 90+ ATAR

Thought you could carry it onto UNI and failed incredibly, and now you're asking about South Korea and Commerce transfers...

please calm down.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
This is most likely a troll.

You last minuted all your HSC study, got 90+ ATAR

Thought you could carry it onto UNI and failed incredibly, and now you're asking about South Korea and Commerce transfers...

please calm down.
true that i did last minute my hsc. Thats why i am trying to find options as i have changed my attitude towards uni.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
true that i did last minute my hsc. Thats why i am trying to find options as i have changed my attitude towards uni.
> I've changed
> "guys I'm psychologically messed up, I've done nothing since the start of uni"
> oh, yeah I've changed my attitude towards uni!

izzy88

HSC

To my future employers.
My advice would be to go talk to the student support services on campus if you haven't already - http://sydney.edu.au/current_students/counselling/get-help/ - they are probably better placed to assist you with your studies, and give you more information on what your options are (and their consequences).

In any case, in regards to your '21/100 fail mark' - as someone else asked earlier in the thread - how do you know this will be what your mark is? Where do you currently sit in terms of marks for assessments - and how much do they count towards your final mark? I would assume you still have a substantial exam to sit - can you study hard for this and boost your marks?

Otherwise, please go and see the support services at uni. They may also have advice on how to get back on track with uni, improve for next semester.

p3rf3ction

HSC
LOL! I'M LOVING THIS! Being literally stupid is actually more funnier than being a good troll. It's amazing. I think you'll be a trend setter eventually if you partake in multiple forums online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)