Discovery Days? (1 Viewer)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
So, who else is going to the Discovery Days? Just got this postcard at school yesterday about it. It's organised by University of Wollongong, apparently you just go and experience a day as if you're a real uni student. Looks like you'd have to register before 30 Nov, and your school would give you a login name and password to log in before you can register. See here for the official website :)

Agywaggy

HSC
i got a note on this yesterday and we have to sign up today. I'm going, I think it would be a great opportunity to go out and see what would happen in uni...

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Oh wow, that sounds really awesome. Meh, we haven't been told anything, I don't think my school's ever had kids going.

Enjoy your day Airie :)

airie

HSC
Heh, thanks :) I'm yet to register though, still gotta find my HSC candidate number :eek: I still have that piece of paper that was stuck on my table during the SC exams last year...which had the BOS logo and exam centre number and my name, and most importantly, my candidate number :p It's here somewhere. ... I think. :p

Apparently everyone in my grade at my school has to go though. Anyone else going? :D

*emi*

HSC
never heard of it before.. but doesnt sound too bad
might consider signing up for it
no idea WHERE student number is tho hahahaha

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Oh my Airie, a little strange don't you think? :p

vizman

HSC
yeh the University of Sydney has an equavilent program called Degree in a Day

airie

HSC
Hmm, think I've heard of that Degree in a Day thing before. When would that be?

Haha m0ofin, I know, doesn't look like anyone else (yet) is going too :p And it's compulsory for us, as the daily announcement today said. Hum.

Agywaggy

HSC
USYD has something like it as well?? This is the first time i've heared of it. My Career Advisor who is organising my school's trip to UOW said UOW is the only uni who do such a thing for Year 12's. I think i might check out USYD as well?

Hey Airie, what day are you going?? cuz theres like one of 4 days you can attend. I'm going on the first day, I think its the 6th feb.

Last edited:

airie

HSC
Agywaggy said:
Hey Airie, what day are you going?? cuz theres like one of 4 days you can attend. I'm going on the first day, I think its the 6th feb.
I'm apparently going on Tuesday, as it said on my "lecture info" or something (yes I finally found my student number and registered :D). I tried to find the actual dates for these Discovery Days, but I can't seem to find them...when are they exactly anyway? So, which lectures did you choose? For the first session, there were actually THREE of them that I wanted to do...and you only get one. And they don't reappear in later sessions. :mad1: And for the second one, none of the options looked appealing to me...:S

Agywaggy

HSC
airie said:
I'm apparently going on Tuesday, as it said on my "lecture info" or something (yes I finally found my student number and registered :D). I tried to find the actual dates for these Discovery Days, but I can't seem to find them...when are they exactly anyway? So, which lectures did you choose? For the first session, there were actually THREE of them that I wanted to do...and you only get one. And they don't reappear in later sessions. :mad1: And for the second one, none of the options looked appealing to me...:S
Well as far i know the first day is Tuesday 6th of feb and runs for 4 days after that. I login and did my preferences.
My sessions are;
3.General University life Student to Student ( What's uni really like?),
4. Education- Teaching matters- You can make a difference
5. Philosophy- Good reasons for asking dumb and difficult questions
6.Psychology- Social and Emotional Intelligence

^^^ these are my first preferences and depends on how full the lectures are.
I don't know i might change my preferences, but i'll see cause theres a few i wanted to do.
When you put in your preference post them and we'll see if we got any of the same peferences :p

airie

HSC
Agywaggy said:
Well as far i know the first day is Tuesday 6th of feb and runs for 4 days after that. I login and did my preferences.
My sessions are;
3.General University life Student to Student ( What's uni really like?),
4. Education- Teaching matters- You can make a difference
5. Philosophy- Good reasons for asking dumb and difficult questions
6.Psychology- Social and Emotional Intelligence

^^^ these are my first preferences and depends on how full the lectures are.
I don't know i might change my preferences, but i'll see cause theres a few i wanted to do.
When you put in your preference post them and we'll see if we got any of the same peferences :p
So I'm going on the first day, same as you. Right. :D

Hmm, don't think I've got many preferences in common with you though...:p
Session 2: Photonics: Putting Light to Work, Mathematics from Numb3rs, Live and Let Liver;
Session 3: Engineering Our Future - Computer, Electrical & Telecommunications Engineering, Study Economics - The Way to Avoid Unemployment, Greed is Good;
Session 5: Medical Radiation Physics, Innovation: Its Importance and Management, Good Reasons for Asking Dumb and Difficult Questions;
Session 6: Discover IT: Robots and Lego, Engineering Our Future - Computer, Electrical & Telecommunications Engineering (yeah I know a repeated option :p), Social and Emotional Intelligence.

You know, they should put some of the options for the first session into the second. I mean, the list for the first is almost double that of the second! <.<

Agywaggy

HSC
airie said:
So I'm going on the first day, same as you. Right. :D

Hmm, don't think I've got many preferences in common with you though...:p
Session 2: Photonics: Putting Light to Work, Mathematics from Numb3rs, Live and Let Liver;
Session 3: Engineering Our Future - Computer, Electrical & Telecommunications Engineering, Study Economics - The Way to Avoid Unemployment, Greed is Good;
Session 5: Medical Radiation Physics, Innovation: Its Importance and Management, Good Reasons for Asking Dumb and Difficult Questions;
Session 6: Discover IT: Robots and Lego, Engineering Our Future - Computer, Electrical & Telecommunications Engineering (yeah I know a repeated option :p), Social and Emotional Intelligence.

You know, they should put some of the options for the first session into the second. I mean, the list for the first is almost double that of the second! <.<
Awww.. we haven't got any of the same preferences :p
Umm yer i agree, too many in the first session... There was quite a few i wanted to do but u kno had to limit them.

Do you have to wear your school uniform??? My school is making us go in our school uniform so its easier to identify us if we get lost, but its gonna be soo hot in our thick, heavy kilts that weigh so much!!!! :mad1:

airie

HSC
Agywaggy said:
Awww.. we haven't got any of the same preferences :p
Umm yer i agree, too many in the first session... There was quite a few i wanted to do but u kno had to limit them.

Do you have to wear your school uniform??? My school is making us go in our school uniform so its easier to identify us if we get lost, but its gonna be soo hot in our thick, heavy kilts that weigh so much!!!! :mad1:
Yeah...:(

I'm not sure if I'd have to wear school uniform, I guess we'd get more information on that later :D Actually, most of my friends are still yet to register :p I guess I've just got too much time to spend on the net anyhow, so might as well sign up earlier to get the sessions that I want :D

And hmm, I don't know, Chiisora, I guess so...but it's just one day, so, uhh, shouldn't affect us *that* much, hopefully :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)