• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Discuss your predictions about the 2005 Legal Studies paper (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I think this year, they are not gonna have a crime scenario. After the shocker of last years paper, they could be just as tough on us.
25 mark crime essay is quite possible I think...
what do u guys reckon?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
they can't give us a crime essay because we already do two essays for family and the other option (for me consumers). the crime section has to be question answer based, well atleast, i hope it is! :worried:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
joe btw what was the shocker of last years paper? i just saw it, whats wrong with it?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
ah i see, is that what you meant. well i hope they don't screw us over this year with things swapped around. i needa revise heaps on family and law n justice. prolly be focusing on that 2moro then cram english.....

some of the reasons why the hsc really does SUCK!

goan_crazy

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
joe btw what was the shocker of last years paper? i just saw it, whats wrong with it?
well the "average" legal studies student assumed law and justice questions would be in multiple choice and HR questions would be in short answers...
last year it was the other way round...
that set the precedent and reaslisation for us that qs can be asked from anywhere.
also in crime: it was a very long stimulus as well as it was a report? instead of a normal stimulus expected.

goan_crazy

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
ah i see, is that what you meant. well i hope they don't screw us over this year with things swapped around. i needa revise heaps on family and law n justice. prolly be focusing on that 2moro then cram english.....

some of the reasons why the hsc really does SUCK!
consider yourself lucky...
Ive got studies of religion on friday as well.

qwertas

HSC
hey wats the best way to get down pat in the last 3 days b4 test i didnt hav ateacher for last 2 months it was a sub and self learning like wat sites and books

volition

arr.
HSC
I doubt they would just pull a '25 mark crime essay', but I suppose it's possible

goan_crazy

HSC
kimi said:
Omg please dnt scare me :( if that happens, ill be writing 4essays in a day !!! my hand will be dead :(
same :(
and law and society could be one 10 mark question in short answers! another mini essay!

Mellonie

HSC
YOU GUYS SERIOSULY NEED TO RELAX... if you honestly think they would do anything stupid like that then your out of your mind. Do u know how amny complaints they would get if they did that? like its legal studies, it isnt a really well regarded subject... average people in the state does this topic, it gets basically no scaling (.3+) cuz its so damn easy. LIke their gonna do the generic structure like they always do like come on... get real with ur self.

And seriously last year was no damn surprise, wow they used a news paper article to talk about crime's people commited then a actual casr outline. Seriously same thing, like their not gonna pull 4 essays on you. The subject aint hard. N trust me at my skool their some people that dont even know wat actus rea is let alone what family law means saw just need to realise this course is for very average students and wont pull something out which is too hard.

goan_crazy

HSC
Don't worry, if its a 25 mark crime q,it will be very generic-something like evaluate the effectiveness of the criminal justice system in achieving justice for invidiuals and society
thats basically, talk about anything-theres heaps to talk about!

But, yeah would be cruel to make us do 3 essays

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Legal Studies Stage 6 Syllabus

Section II Crime
¥ There will be one question.
¥ The question will be compulsory.
¥ The question will require an extended response.
¥ The question will be structured in parts.

goan_crazy

HSC
Rafy said:
Legal Studies Stage 6 Syllabus

Section II Crime
¥ There will be one question.
¥ The question will be compulsory.
¥ The question will require an extended response.
¥ The question will be structured in parts.
ok structured in parts
but it says nowhere there that they have to give stimulus

roadcone

HSC
the exam will be the exact structure of previous years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)