Discussion: On girls that approach you at the train station... (Part II) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Prerequisite reading: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=288633

So, the fallout continues - and I was talking to a few people about it, and one of them gave this response - which I have nicely typed up for you all:

There are one of three possible scenarios:

1. The brunette girl fancied the pants off you, and asked you how to get to Darlinghust even though she knew it already, and she wanted you to ask her number. You didn't and have therefore blown the chance.

2. The brunette girl's friend fancied you but is socially awkward and asked her friend to approach you on her behalf. She wanted to get into a conversation and she wanted you to ask for her number. You didn't and therefore have blown the chance...

3. Neither girl genuinely knew how to get to Darlinghurst and asked you because of all of the people on the station you looked least likely to murder/rape/abduct them because you are the same age as them (roughly) or that you are some kind of transport nerd who knows all there is to know about trains, or both, in which case you blew your chance.

Moral of the story: If a girl looks hot, and approaches you ASK FOR HER NUMBER. The worst thing is she will say no, and you will never meet her again. Nothing has been lost.
Personally, I think 2 is bullcrap because... yeah. And supposing that is true, well that's a fail on her strategy. Epic fail on her strategy. Not only is her friend hotter than her, but if she's going to be the less friendly of the two - you know... I mean: "hmm, less hot girl who is less friendly, or hotter girl who is more friendly". Supposing this scenario is true, she took the gamble that I preferred blondes, so even with her less than stellar attitude and her, what I would perceive as, rudeness - still... bad move on her part.

If her brunette friend was wing-womanning her, she's the worst wingwoman ever because she didn't make her friend look more attractive than her. So in this scenario, I fell for the wingwoman. But then again, it's not fair to say she's the worst wingwoman ever because well... she can't help look so damn good. :p

So we're left with scenario 1 and 3. And if we take scenario 3, then I blew my chance to use kaz's line (which I am keeping in tow for next time this happens - and yes, this has happened before - last year exactly when two girls asked me for directions to the Roundhouse) which is something like: "hey, if you get lost - gimme your number so i can help you if you get lost ;) "

But that takes the back seat to his moral of the story (because the past is the past) which was, and I reiterate:

"Moral of the story: If a girl looks hot, and approaches you ASK FOR HER NUMBER. The worst thing is she will say no, and you will never meet her again. Nothing has been lost"

what do we think of this

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
no one fancies you

or ever will
m8, the discussion is:

"if a girl comes up to me, do i ask for her number"

This is not a Shadowdude thread, it is a thread for each and every one of you out there - for education, so that when, or if, a girl comes up to you and talks to you - you will know what to do.

You're welcome.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
"Moral of the story: If a girl looks hot, and approaches you ASK FOR HER NUMBER. The worst thing is she will say no, and you will never meet her again. Nothing has been lost"

Doesn't apply to only hot girls, applies to any girl obviously.

The moral is definitely right.

Why you may ask?

Cause if you don't get their number, it's like not seeing them at all in the first place. (What are the chances of seeing the same stranger again? Very unlikely)

Aysce

HSC

NO NO NO

Shadow, they only approached you because they were genuinely LOST. I doubt they had any ulterior motive and again you're just over-thinking the whole situation. I'm not attacking you in any way if that is what you're interpreting this as.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I'd have to veer on the shallow side a bit, but... if I take the number of a non-hot girl with a line like kaz's, isn't that leading her on?

Meanwhile, if I take the number of an attractive woman - it's very obviously not that.

Make a tl;dr of this
oh oops sorry

tl;dr: If a hot girl comes up and talks to you, should you ask for her number?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
NO NO NO

Shadow, they only approached you because they were genuinely LOST. I doubt they had any ulterior motive and again you're just over-thinking the whole situation. I'm not attacking you in any way if that is what you're interpreting this as.
So scenario 3.

But again guys - we're getting sidetracked. The story was just a 'motivation' for the question posed.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd have to veer on the shallow side a bit, but... if I take the number of a non-hot girl with a line like kaz's, isn't that leading her on?

Meanwhile, if I take the number of an attractive woman - it's very obviously not that.
or maybe she likes to be friends with you and you want to be friends with her?

Obviously.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No.

I'd be creeped out if some random guy asked for my number.
but in this scenario, you started talking to the random guy. so would it be awkward, if that random guy which you started talking to - asked for your number

seanieg89

HSC
What is wrong with a random conversation with an attractive stranger? Not everything needs to be pursued man. You seriously need to find an outlet for all of this energy because spending it (over)thinking women clearly isn't working out for you.

horny unicorn

HSC
why is option 3 at the bottom of that list

also
"The worst thing is she will say no, and you will never meet her again. Nothing has been lost"

except you know
maybe a couple of teeth

deswa1

HSC
Even if they introduce themselves and you guys have like an one hour talk?
If you had a one hour talk and enjoyed it then obviously you'd get their number

What is wrong with a random conversation with an attractive stranger? Not everything needs to be pursued man. You seriously need to find an outlet for all of this energy because spending it (over)thinking women clearly isn't working out for you.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)