disney books/films as a related text?? (1 Viewer)

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
ohk so im helpin out my mate find a bunch of related texts for belonging

so does anyone have a list of disney stories that she could use??
or is using disney a really bad idea??

ive already spent aages lookin for some in the forums n on some other sites..we have a short list but she wanted to know if there were anymore she could use...

thanks!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ohk so im helpin out my mate find a bunch of related texts for belonging

so does anyone have a list of disney stories that she could use??
or is using disney a really bad idea??

ive already spent aages lookin for some in the forums n on some other sites..we have a short list but she wanted to know if there were anymore she could use...

thanks!
I reckon using Disney is a bad idea, a bit overused, unoriginal, although, the complexities of belonging inherent in the texts are good.

And your 'friend' better not be zazzy....there's a reason she's banned.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It can be used, especially if you go back to classic Disney, i.e. the stuff release before Walt died. However, generally it is a bad idea, as it promotes unoriginality, and simplicity in your response.

jackydoll

HSC
I can't really think of any Disney film that has the concept of Belonging

Maybe the Little Mermaid or Oliver in Company is pretty much close to it

Sarebs

HSC
Oh if you wanted to use "Toy Story" I had some of the points (from memory):

-Woody had his place cemented as the leader of the toys, and everyone knew their place within the group. Buzz comes in and becomes the leader of the toys, and Woody doesn't know how he fits in.
-Buzz doesn't think he's a toy, rather a "Space Ranger".
-When everyone doubts and dislikes Woody for pushing Buzz out the window, Bo Peep sticks with him to a certain extend, and they have a sense of belonging through love.

There were more but I can't remember them.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
If you were going to use a Disney film I would recommend Tarzan or the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
However, you'd be better off reading the original books anyway because they're more in depth (and the Disney films have a habit of changing the ends to these stories to make them more suitable for children anyway). I was planning on using Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs for one of my texts (I had notes and everything for it) but I just couldn't be bothered finishing the book and I had other texts anyway. Still, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is stuck trying to find a related text for Belonging or just wants a good book to read. Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo is really good for related material as well (if you can be bothered to read all of it because it drags on forever and so much of it is irrelevant. What I've actually read of the book is good though).
I advise against using a Disney film for a related text (even though they are amazing films).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)