• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Distinction Courses? (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
Hmm... that's pretty odd. Philosophy still rocks though :D

Any of you guys started reading the text yet?

AGB

HSC
u should see how much there is for cosmology!!!

*regrets not applying for philosophy*

and nah i havent started reading anything yet.....

tempco

HSC
Me neither... doesn't have anything to do with the amount though... I expected a huge pile of books, notes and such. The cosmo package must have been huge... I mean 9 modules :s

Rorix

HSC
AGB: Can you post up the URL of the forum? Or maybe PM me and nekkid to avoid Bored of Studies people flooding the board;).

nekkid: I read the Time module. The vocab is rather large:(.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
The weird thing is that the cosmo package came almost 2 weeks late while the philosophy package came about a week early. (maybe theres more to come?) I measured the cosmo package. It was over 10cms in height! MY friends who are doing philosophy told me they didnt get their user details yet. Itll probably come sometime in the next week. Otherwise, email tallen. This is the url for the forum http://www.distinction.nsw.edu.au.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
As far as I know, the new philosophy kids haven't received their packs yet - there certainly haven't been any posts in the philo forum.

Rorix

HSC
Well, Lazarus, I can confirm for you that at least one certainly has;)

AGB

HSC
nah its just 9 straight modules + major work (approx 12,000 words:eek: :eek: )

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
so its just 3 modules more than philosophy then... but we've got puny 500 word assignments, i think, compared to the massive 12,000. :D
And that 12, 000 only counts for about 30% of the course :( Theres still another 6 assignments as well, 3 which are assessable. Maybe philosophy wouldve been a better alternative...

AGB

HSC
i know...its terrible mr hien tran :p :p haha

abdooooo!!!

Banned
you guys are already complaining this early? i reckon the cosmo residentials would be quite fun... you get to see big famous STARS like umm... the sun :)

any one doing philosophy here??? what the hell is that miss jocasta story... i can't stop thinking about it. the guy eats himself has sex and produces himself then gets eaten by himself goes back in time and the cycle continues... going back and forth eating and producing... its just so odd.

Rorix

HSC
Casuality loops (I think this is what Stephen Hawking called it) just don't make any sense to me either.;)

Rorix

HSC
For those philosophy people who haven't figured this out yet, enter your student number in the forgotten password section (try clicking Trouble Logging In?). Your password is emailed to you.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Rorix
Casuality loops (I think this is what Stephen Hawking called it) just don't make any sense to me either.;)
how gay... is it true that stephen hawking has the highest IQ. its in simpsons :)

edit: why can't they send the password with the package. i can't find my student number.

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
I'm pretty sure Stephen Hawking doesn't have the highest IQ - I think it was the woman who solved the 3 doors, one shown, should you switch? problem, although I can't remember her name.

EDIT: Marilyn Vos Savant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)