Distinctly Visual (1 Viewer)

Sand Storm

HSC
Hey all. I have been lurking about the forums unregistered for a while now, and was wondering about some Related Texts for "Distinctly Visual"?

My teacher suggested RTA ads, but I only have one text (an ad) and am having trouble finding more. Does anyone have any ideas? :confused:

ash_298

HSC
Hey, we are using Henry Lawson short Stories book. In particular the story 'the loaded dog', is full of visual language. Hope i could help

Rabbitoh

HSC
I'm in a similar predicament. I need to know two texts for "Distinctly Visual". Our prescribed one is The Shoe-Horn Sonata.

Cheers in advance.

Sand Storm

HSC
I'm in a similar predicament. I need to know two texts for "Distinctly Visual". Our prescribed one is The Shoe-Horn Sonata.

Cheers in advance.
Yeah mine is too! Search for RTA ads, preferably Queensland ones. The NSW ones are a little more censored, so the QLD ones work best. My teacher said one of each type...so no I have to find something else.

@ ash, thanks I'll have a look.

@Rabbitoh again, GO THE MIGHTY RED AND GREEN!!!!!!!:headbang:

pacman91

HSC
I am thinking about doing the Watchmen comic since it is entirely visual.

watda

HSC
can we have two texts that are the same text type? i was thinking '17 Again' for set text 'run lola run' since tehy both have similar themes such as love, time and chance

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
can we have two texts that are the same text type? i was thinking '17 Again' for set text 'run lola run' since tehy both have similar themes such as love, time and chance
Not recommended, but there's nothing saying that you can't.

beve

Jesus
HSC
Hey all. I have been lurking about the forums unregistered for a while now, and was wondering about some Related Texts for "Distinctly Visual"?

My teacher suggested RTA ads, but I only have one text (an ad) and am having trouble finding more. Does anyone have any ideas? :confused:
Tip: Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

It's dripping with imagery, and a good analysis of it in Standard will get you a Band 6, easily.

cunliffe

HSC
N/A
Do not do Lawson's stories as this is a prescribed text on the HSC list. Try the Tropfest Film 'Mankind is No Island' by Jason Van Genderen-there are plenty of visual elements to focus on. As a second text choose a poem as it is very easy to not only establish the text's purpose, but also to identify the distinctIVELY visual images being used to convey the purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)