distribution of income and wealth (1 Viewer)

Kupow pow

HSC
Hey peeps, what are the current and future impact of globalisation on Australia's distribution of income and wealth?

...what do i write bout??

Last edited:

i-color

globalisation has meant widening of income and wealth inequality as increased investment etc flow in and out of australia. As financial markets are more deregulated, the wealthy can get wealthier by taking advantage of invesment opportunities overseas and generate more wealth. THe poor however cannot afford this and thus cannot generate more wealth. Thus the wealthy get wealthier while the poor stay the same.

However, in the long run, globalisation should raise international competitivness and efficiency, thus making it beneficial for EVERYONE in the future. ie, even though relative poverty may increase, in ABSOLUTE terms, everyone beneifts

Kupow pow

HSC
pplz im really lost, cos imma trying to research about the trends in the distribution of wealth and income, but all the resources i have, talk about the the trends on income like age and education...not wealth

olay

HSC
these are the only trends in wealth i can find on hand... i don't think theres many because wealth is difficult to measure:

- Main components of private sector wealth in Aust: dwelling capital and business capital (70-80% total private sector wealth).
- Dwelling capital ^ impt’ce between 1960-1990, business capital declined in importance. Suggests rise in home ownership + prices = dominant form of wealth for most Austs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)