DIVA - Do you buy ur jewellery there? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i dont usually shop at diva. i'm not a jewelery person anyway. but when i do want a necklace or anything like that i much prefer something better quality that will last a lot longer and not go out with the changing trends. besides, i dont fancy paying 20 bucks for a string of plastic beads, come on. and on the "trend" thing: when i buy a piece of jewelery i wear it for ages. i got a diamond bracelet about 5 years ago for christmas and still wear it almost every day. diva's stuff doesnt seem like the sort of thing i would want to wear a lot, hence = not worth buying it.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i buy it as "Costume" jewellery, colourful stuff thats cheap that ill only wear a few times, usually out to the pub, but i wouldnt wear it every day or to work, i wear real silver/gold jewellery then

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Diva is pretty muchthe only shop i go to for jewellery. I'm not accustomed to spending large amounts of money on jewellery for myself, and the only good quality jewellery i own are gifts from other people, and usually the things i wear on more of an everday basis. Diva is good for when you need something to complement an outfit (eg strand of beads, dangly earrings, chunky bracelet)but dont have a lot of time/money, and i only go to the cheap racks. I love the $2 earrings. As someone said, I am only going to lose them when I am drunk anyway.

In omparing it to supre, it IS the supre of jewellery. I believe that if you are inventive you can dress up something from supre and look good. same goes for diva.

Last edited:

xx__savannah

HSC
I used to absolutely adore Diva. There was only one store up the coast, and no-one I knew went there, then the stores popped up everywhere it they were no longer unique for my area (very Far North Coast) As with most girls when we get older, I'm getting more into gold pieces that will last for ages, so I've been moving away from Diva and into Prouds, Amies, and Michael Hill. I haven't actually bought anything from Diva lately, probably for almost two months, but I like getting 'trend' pieces from there occasionally, or if I'm going out with friends, but only if they're reasonable. I don't like paying more that $13 dollars for earrings from there, and haven't bought any necklaces over $10.

When I do shop at Diva, it's because it's the only store with cheap-reasonable earrings in my area -- I can't go up to Sportsgirl often, maybe every 4-6 weeks, so there aren't many alternatives, and I just don't like Kleins.
I used to love buying jewellery, generally earrings -- every week or two I had a new pair of earrings, but I'm not going out as much anymore, and I don't see the point in getting more earrings to not wear and wasting money.
I've got absolutely nothing against Diva -- most of their staff at my local store are fantastic, although my favourite assistant (who actually remembered me because I was there every weekend) left a while ago. If it wasn't for the thefts, little girls and the music, I'd like to work there.

Angel45

HSC
natstar said:
What subject is this for? Is it advertising
Hey Natstar,

Yep, for Advertising. It's a pretty like full on assignment actually..and it's a first yr subject...no night b4 job. Glad I didn't have it in first yr. Have u done an advertising subject?

Angel45

HSC
xx__savannah said:
As with most girls when we get older, I'm getting more into gold pieces that will last for ages...
That's true hey.. coz like when ur young ur tastes change but I guess as u get older they're a bit more 'here to stay' so it's cool to invest in something quality and to keep for ages...

Thank u all for giving me insight into ur thoughts...

Any1 else who hasn't had their say feel free to post.

HSC
N/A
Just adding on a little bit -

I don't normally wear a lot of jewellery. Additionally, I'm allergic to nickel so I usually only wear pure gold studs in my ears.

But when I DO wear jewellery, I don't like to spend heaps of $$$ on it if I know I'm only going to wear it every now and again (or even only once). Sure I have a few nice/expensive pieces, but only because I know I'll wear them again and again (and I'm a stingy buyer, so I really don't have a lot of these). As Diva jewellery is cheaper, I can afford to be more frivolous and not freak out about people "stealing" my jewellery because it's really not worth being stolen. I don't expect to hang onto their jewellery for the entirety of my lifetime, but certainly for at least a few good years.

Price of jewellery < use of jewellery = bargain :D

Angel45

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Just adding on a little bit -

I don't normally wear a lot of jewellery. Additionally, I'm allergic to nickel so I usually only wear pure gold studs in my ears.
I read researching that Diva products meet all EEC requirements (no nickel content) despite there being no legislation governing this in Australia at present!!

Thanks for ur input..all these responses are helping me come up with an angle.

Any1 else who hasn't expressed their views feel free to join in

Angel45

HSC
natstar said:
Do you have Phil..
Yeah, he's not my tutor but he's gr8 hey.. his laugh is funny..

natstar said:
Is it still worth 50%?.
Sure is... and professional conduct like 25 (hehehe - I stuffed the first task.. we hadda talk on an add so I wrote the answers out roughly and did my talk fine.. but didn't expect you'd have to hand in like a 'written' version of it - as if just doing it wasn't enuf)

natstar said:
And its like an ongoing thing you work on in class every week and then apply what you learn it class to the assignment. If you need any tips, I'd be happy to help
Thanks heaps, might take u up on that.. yeah it is, makes the h.w for the week busy but least it's getting it done! I'm not minding advertising actually

HSC
N/A
Angel45 said:
I read researching that Diva products meet all EEC requirements (no nickel content) despite there being no legislation governing this in Australia at present!!

Thanks for ur input..all these responses are helping me come up with an angle.

Any1 else who hasn't expressed their views feel free to join in
Really? Hmm... if they really do have no nickel, then I am officially going to become a Diva earrings fanatic.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
one thing i really like from diva, that i yet havent gotten, is that charm kinda necklace thingy. the heart that you can open necklace.
i so need to get one

*Minka*

HSC
xx__savannah said:
If it wasn't for the thefts, little girls and the music, I'd like to work there.
I was a Christmas Casual at Diva and while the manager was a complete bitch, it was still a lot of fun. Got a headache from the bright lights and music though and usually had to take a Nurofen before I went in.

Angel45

HSC
*Minka* said:
I was a Christmas Casual at Diva and while the manager was a complete bitch, it was still a lot of fun. Got a headache from the bright lights and music though and usually had to take a Nurofen before I went in.
Yeah, I reckon the lights r a bit of a downfall.. it makes the jewellery look shiny but i find if i spend a bit in there i get bloody hot!

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
Angel45 said:
Hey guys,

Just doing a uni project and was looking for any girlies who buy their jewellery from DIVA... or those that don't like it..

Be GREAT if you could answer all, or even a few, of these questions...

Why do you shop at DIVA (in particular, why not elsewhere)? What are the features? (can include features of their stores, not just their products)

Why do you buy jewellery? How often do you buy new jewellery?

What do you have (or do you have anything?) against DIVA?

Thanks heaps. Look 4wd to hearing your comments.
I have only shopped there once to buy a necklace and I love it. I would shop there again because the its cheap and fashionable, so I change my look for like $20. Bright colours, lots of lights is always enticing. The store is always very small though, so I tend not to go in if there is more than 4 people because it gets so crowded otherwise. I dont really buy new jewellery a lot.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
DIVA is very inexpensive and you can actually pick up some good stufff
but i find alot of girls wear the same shit, so i dont really shop there

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
natstar said:
I hate it how most Diva stores are heaps small. The Blacktown and Darling harbour and Port Macquarie one's are ok tho.
The one at the new end of Macarthur square is actually pretty big! the walls are lined with jewellry, and theres just a few little stands in the middle. so its not too crowded

Always

HSC
I'd never even consider buying silver/gold jewellery from Diva. I can feel my skin itch already from the poor quality, not to mention they're kinda ugly....

I don't think Diva is an inexpensive alternaltive at all. Charging $30 for a string of very plastic-looking beads can hardly be considered 'cheap'. I'd much rather look in op-shops and weekend markets for quirky, one-off finds, most of which are genuinely inexpensive.

The whole store just does not appeal to me. The lighting is far too bright and hot, the store always feels cramped, and the shop assistants always manage to make me feel uncomfortable.

Even the name 'Diva' screams 'tacky'. They're obviously trying to appeal to the tweenybopper fashionista wannabes.

Last edited:

Angel45

HSC
Thanks guys...all ur comments have been really well explained - gonna be able to use it all!!

Look 4wd to hearing what even more of u have to say!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
What I have against Diva:

-Lack of quality
-Very mass-production like (all the same)
-Bright lights
-Music
-Pink
-Annoying shop "assistants"
-Teenybopper customers
-Lack of store space
-Brand image

But, as I said earlier, I do shop there, but generally for pieces to wear to the pub so it doesn't matter when they're lost and I'm pissed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)