do assessment grades represent what you're going to get in the unit? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

So far I have amazing grades for two of my units. It seems that the grades are being given out too easily. These grades are LITERALLY something like 49/50.

Is it possible that these grades get moderated after the final exams? Or is it as simple as adding up all the grades that you got from assessments and slapping on a fail/pass/credit/distinction/high distinction?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're doing maths, then defs not. You'll get rekt by the final.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Oh yeah how does it work? Someone pls explain :)

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Our final CHEM1901/1903 exam is 60% weighed, with the first 40% pretty much free marks, with 1-2 off maybe. MATH1901/MATH1902 is 70% weighed for the finals. So if you screw the first few quiz/assessments it ok, but if you screw up on the finals. GG

HSC
N/A
Well at least now I know that I have to study :D I'll have to get something like 70 percent to get a HD.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I had only lost a mark or two going into the chemistry final at USYD. Ended up with a 78 cos I got 65 in the final.
Pretty much same thing happened to me last year in semester one for one of my courses because the final was worth 60% (no moderation was done in the course I was doing either so I got my raw mark back pretty much). This was at UNSW btw.

So yeah, don't get tempted that going into the final on good marks means you are going to do good. Finals are usually what destroy the final mark for some, but make a lot of ground for others (I made a lot of ground with another final that semester last year).

pHyRe

HSC
final well wreck you, especially adv. science/maths.

commerce is alright, midsem is about the same as a final but often you might be better prepared for a midsem

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Pretty much same thing happened to me last year in semester one for one of my courses because the final was worth 60% (no moderation was done in the course I was doing either so I got my raw mark back pretty much). This was at UNSW btw.
Welcome to USYD science/engo where moderation/scaling doesn't exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)