Do atar calculators calculate raw marks or scaled up marks? (1 Viewer)

v.tex

HSC
Recently I was using an atar calculator to calculate my estimated atar but found that 80-85s in most of my subjects doesn't even give me that great of an atar. Plus i do high scaling subjects so its weird?

t234

HSC
i don’t know much about this but i think a few people said that the atar calculator works with the marks you get on hsc day

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Recently I was using an atar calculator to calculate my estimated atar but found that 80-85s in most of my subjects doesn't even give me that great of an atar. Plus i do high scaling subjects so its weird?
they use scaled marks ! i suggest u use carrots atar calc if u wna see atar based off raw marks

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC

aqwerty13402

HSC
fecal

katiekms

HSC
they use scaled marks ! i suggest u use carrots atar calc if u wna see atar based off raw marks
i wanna use that but it doesn’t include investigating science (or am i blind) :oldfrown: does anyone know the most similar scaling/whatever subject to replace it with?

carrotsss

HSC
i wanna use that but it doesn’t include investigating science (or am i blind) :oldfrown: does anyone know the most similar scaling/whatever subject to replace it with?
unfortunately there is no alignment data for investigating science available to my knowledge, so we can’t know what subjects it’ll be similar to

v.tex

HSC
unfortunately there is no alignment data for investigating science available to my knowledge, so we can’t know what subjects it’ll be similar to
can you include earth and environmental science on your calculator please?

katiekms

HSC
awwh that sucks. thanks anyways. it still gives me an atar even without using investigating, how off do you think it’d be?

carrotsss

HSC
awwh that sucks. thanks anyways. it still gives me an atar even without using investigating, how off do you think it’d be?
im pretty sure you have 10 units so way off, its basically like assuming you got a 0 in investigating

carrotsss

HSC
can you include earth and environmental science on your calculator please?
the alignment data on ees for band 5 and below is really limited unfortunately so it’s not really possible to add an accurate column for it

Armon

HSC
u use ur overall hsc mark thats moderated* not ur raw mark
its aligned not moderated. moderation is about teacher submitted marks translating to raw internal marks. the process of raw marks going to hsc marks is called alignment.

Armon

HSC
By any chance can you send what subjects you are doing? I'm just curious about what the youngins consider high scaling these days

katiekms

HSC
im pretty sure you have 10 units so way off, its basically like assuming you got a 0 in investigating
oop but it doesn’t seem like that unless my real atar is gonna be like 99+ somehow (it’s not lmao). because the atar that it gives me even with only 8 units is higher than i expect so i dunno. i’m confused.

carrotsss

HSC
oop but it doesn’t seem like that unless my real atar is gonna be like 99+ somehow (it’s not lmao). because the atar that it gives me even with only 8 units is higher than i expect so i dunno. i’m confused.
then either the raw marks you’re putting in are too high or you’re just underestimating yourself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)