Do doctors do practicals on corpses? (2 Viewers)

ashllis92

HSC
i really want to be a doctor actually ive wanted to help my mum before i even started school. my mum has artritis, manic depression copd, asthma, diabeties and numerous other things. i was looking after her when i was younger before i handed it over to someone older so i could study and become a doctor and not help people like that but fix them up. even if i have to cut up dead people
Fair enough however if/when you become a doctor you wouldn't be allowed to practise on your mum anyway. Just have to go round helping everyone else's Mums.

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
house saves lives

Last edited:

ashllis92

HSC
yep, one a week... seriously he's a total jerk!
Don't get me wrong, I love the show, just hate the character and in reality he wouldn't be nearly as well regarded as he is etc... He's just so damn rude!

HSC
N/A
some doctors are a very mild version of him... particularly expensive private hospital surgeons...

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
surgeons worked hard for their title, they have a right to be like that. i aspire to be like them XD

ashllis92

HSC
surgeons worked hard for their title, they have a right to be like that. i aspire to be like them XD
Wow I would never aspire to be like that no matter how damn hard i worked.... If/when I become a doctor I wanna be a nice doctor... weird idea i know

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Wow I would never aspire to be like that no matter how damn hard i worked.... If/when I become a doctor I wanna be a nice doctor... weird idea i know
There are alot of nice doctors out there, but yeah some of them are absolute *****!

ashllis92

HSC
There are alot of nice doctors out there, but yeah some of them are absolute *****!
Oh I know! My old doctor was a fat old prick who ws just a jerk to everyone, one day I asked him why and his response was "seriously kid, after 10 years or so at uni, I have a right!"
What an arse

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
they didnt have interviews back in thos days. many doctors from that period dont have the social skill to string two words together.

HSC
N/A
LOL i can see that by your tickerfactory thing:)

but yeah they do work hard, if did med i would strive to be like Fred Hollows

btw FOB are you going be cut if a patient doesn't address you as Dr soandso? just asking cos i rekon some Drs might

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i would refuse to treat them XD. but apparently if you become a surgeon, you are no longer referred to as Dr, but rather Mister cuz its some old tradition. WTF SIF!!! i worked hard for my title.

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
what about all the guniea pigs that have to die for doctors to get that title?

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
does anyone elso have any views on this?

lifequest

HSC
We, as practicing dentist, also learn from cadavers. However, we do not dissect them as such due to limited specimens.

Re- Importance of the title Dr. Not that great. If you go into a health science course, it should not be for the respect or title. It should be for passion. Be careful with your answer of "I like helping people". It's generic. Unfortunately, interviewers, like most people are judgmental, they will not believe you for a second.

Surgeons, with respect to title, get somewhat of a downgrade from Dr to Mr or Ms. Weird but true! However, I've had two surgeon lecturers, while one used Ms. the other kept the title of Dr.

Re-"Dr." House. He's nothing more than a concoction of studios. Watch it for pleasure, refine your physiology and antomical nomenclature and attempt diagnosis (even though most are either down right obvious, or, absurd). You should never "strive" for his personality. It is rude, careless and ignorant. Everyone, especially those in the health science field should be friendly and warm. NB: being a surgeon doesn't change this. If Nobel awardees can be funny, then surgeons should be funnier!

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
imo, stuff tradition, im gonna retain my Dr title even if i become a surgeon. professor sounds more cool tho...

interviewers are nice ppl, of course they will believe you if u say "i wanna help people". HOWEVER, if you wanna be different go with the "i want to make lots of money, get all the chics and gain people's respect" response. that'll guarantee you entry regardless of the how the rest of your interview goes.

surgeons dont need interpersonal skills. they just get in there do their thing and get out. ur patients are going to be unconscious the whole time so you cant talk to them anyway. surgeons should be programmed like robots/machines, do what they are supposed to do and thats their job. leave the talking to the physicians.

sarcasm btw. however, if you do take my advice, i am not responsible.

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
so interviewers wont believe you if you say you like helping people?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)