do hsc markers mark harshly? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Hey does anyone know if the hsc markers will mark our exams more strictly than say our school teachers? I'm shitting myself that I'll get a really low mark for short answers if my answers aren't exactly the same as the "official" answers. And for the reports...I think I did well but I really hope they aren't too harsh. Anyone know?

PRSOV

The markers have a set of developed marking guidelines to which they mark. For example: If they ask you to identify a stakeholder in a company and then a reason why that company might want to expand globally they might mark based on the following:

Identifys a stakeholder in the firm and a reason for expansion - 2 marks.

Identifys a stakeholder OR identify a reason for expansion - 1 mark.

Also every paper paper is marked by two or three different markers to ensure there are no discrepancies between the markers.

Cheers,
MN

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah but how strictly do they follow those guidelines? Coz like for our trials, we did the CSSA paper, and the teachers did not totally follow the marking guideliens, as they disagreed with some of the answers...I guess for the HSC they'll just go by the marking guidelines 100%? In other words no margin for error?

PRSOV

1) No I am a 2003 HSC Student so how could I be a marker :)

2) I believe so, the HSC markers follow the marking guidelines pretty much 100% otherwise why would they make them with no room for error, and its highly highly unlikely there would be any errors in the marking guidelines. eep :D

3) In the trials teachers are suppose to use guidelines as a basis for marking.

Cheers,

PRSOV

Yenta,
The Business 2003 exam is now over, Relax!!! You can't do anything now that will change your marks, so take a deep breath and forget about Business studies, just think: your never going to do it again anyway.

Im sure you'll do fine anyway :)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
i kno i know.... but still u can't help being pissed off at mkaing errors, especially stupid ones

YAY NO MORE BS EVER

chris42

HSC
Yup. I'm sure they will mark fairly, theve got guidelines and they discuss what answers should be amongst themselves. But more importantly no more business!!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
they mark relaly fairly.. they always try to give u marks...

but with last seciton, they are not as leanient.... say if u ddidnt inlcude a case study for seciotn 4, you would lyk automatically get a band 4..

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
my older sister is a HSC marker, and she marks business studies this year.

this is what she tells me, some HSC markers who've been at the venue for hours and hours will mark really hard, which is understandable because its boring, reading and reading the stupid shit over and over again.

they do have 3 markers marking the same paper, but chances are, they are all just as bored and pissed of, so they'll just skim it and pretend theyve remarked the thing, when indeed they;re thinking about something else

u might be lucky and be one of the first papers to get marked.

so its all in the hands of luck. my sister last year sometimes read the first page out of 4 (essay), and gives a mark based on that. cuz after reading well over a few thousand pages of shit, no one wants to read anymore.

as for short answers, well they;re just gonna look for keywords and if u got it, u get the mark. they arnt gonna read it word for word. come on.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by 0o0
my older sister is a HSC marker, and she marks business studies this year.

this is what she tells me, some HSC markers who've been at the venue for hours and hours will mark really hard, which is understandable because its boring, reading and reading the stupid shit over and over again.

they do have 3 markers marking the same paper, but chances are, they are all just as bored and pissed of, so they'll just skim it and pretend theyve remarked the thing, when indeed they;re thinking about something else

u might be lucky and be one of the first papers to get marked.

so its all in the hands of luck. my sister last year sometimes read the first page out of 4 (essay), and gives a mark based on that. cuz after reading well over a few thousand pages of shit, no one wants to read anymore.

as for short answers, well they;re just gonna look for keywords and if u got it, u get the mark. they arnt gonna read it word for word. come on.
You've gotta be fucking kidding me. If that were true, then thats the most unfair fucking thing ever. You're saying that if our report happens to be in the pile that the marker reads late at night when they're tired, BAD LUCK, our report isn't gonna get paid as much attention?? Bullshit! If all markers don't pay equal attention to EVERY report, and spend the same amount of time on each report, or, if a marker marks differently coz they're tired and grumpy, then the whole fucking system is fucked.

I know the markers probably get sick of reading the same crap over and over but THEY HAVE TO BE FAIR and just read every single report thoroughly!! Sorry but I don't believe a word of that.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i am sorry 0o0, i just dunt belive what you have said, i had markers as my teachers...and i know markers outside of skool, and none of them mark da reports in da manner that u have just described.

Ribbon

I agree - I have teachers who do marking, and I don't think that any more than one or two in the whole bunch would ever be that negligent in marking exams... if thats the way your sister marks, she should be kicked out of the job,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)