Do I have a chance? (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
2009 ATAR: 92.85.
Current WAM: 58.

Original course: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance) @ UNSW.
Course I would like to transfer into: Bachelor of Professional Accounting/Bachelor of Applied Finance @ MQ.

Previous years ATAR cutoff for MQ: 88.8.

What's the likelihood of me receiving an offer from Macquarie? When I attended the open day, the lady told me that they use an algorithm for non standard applicants, and that my WAM may slightly reduce my ATAR. But by how much?

Cheers.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Probably will be tough...

58 isn't exactly the greatest WAM, and you will be competing against MANY people with much higher ATARs (I know a fair few people doing that same course already, and they all got 95+ ATAR).

You can ask all you like, but it's not going to change your WAM or the ATAR cut-off.

Unfortunately you have no choice but to wait and see.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Cheers mate! Guess I'll have to suck it up for 2 weeks and wait... I would've expected that my ATAR would've automatically given me an entry into the double degree, but then again, there's my "not so pleasing" WAM...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Your WAM is pretty bad, to be honest.

I'd suggest reapplying through UAC. Might be your best bet.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I've already applied through UAC, so I don't understand what you're saying.
Well, if you applied through UAC - I don't believe they would be taking WAM into account. Don't quote me on that.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Well, if you applied through UAC - I don't believe they would be taking WAM into account. Don't quote me on that.
Thanks for your advice Shadowdude. I wish that was the case... However, when I attended the Macquarie open day yesterday, the lady stated that UAC takes my WAM as well as my ATAR into account using an "algorithm", and that my ATAR may slightly get dragged down due to my horrible WAM. This is what's stressing me out. :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I don't know about that. All you can do is wait and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)