• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do I Have Any Hope???????? (1 Viewer)

spiraxgreenleaf

HSC
Is it possible for me to fix up my HSC results after the half yearly??????????????????????

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
Yeah! just go for it! I had the same problem, i thought i couldnt do well because of my half yearlies...done worry, just do your best from now on and you will be fine!

HSC
spiraxgreenleaf, I don't want to raise your hopes but you have to understand that this is the very point of the UAI being half the actual exams and half your school's internal marks. To ensure that the school assessments reflect your progress, development and dedication.
what you need to do is check what the weighting was of your half yearlys on your internal assessment mark, and then along with your past assessment marks, see what you need to do to work ur way back up.

Hope that helps,
im outz

UAI30orless

HSC
wat about me

WHAT ABOUT Me?

When i calculate my Aligned HSC mark, i put in my internal assesment with predicted HSC exam results and i get a UAi of 89, is this accurate? Or does the actual HSC exam have more influence on you internal assessment????

mahuligan

HSC
all the school assessment marks are moderated using the hsc exam results your school receives ...so i guess the hsc examinations certainly have a significant influence on your internal assessment marks

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
it is the external hsc exam that scales and aligns each school's internal assessment marks. the external exam is to compare teh difficulty and the performance of each cohert from each school.

kim_

I think that im also stuffed coz for the first couple of asssessments i did crap and now im picking up my marks, lyk i got 70'z and 80'z but now i picked up and am getting 90's , i onli picked up in the half yearlys and the last batch of assessmrnts that i had, wuld i still be able to get a uai of above 90?? im so scared that im gna go really crap

freaked

HSC
If you are now getting marks in the 90s, I'm guessing it also means that you are truely understanding the work you are doing. In the lead up to the HSC, continue to study, but don't over do it.
Getting a UAI above 90 depends on what the weighting of your earlier assessments is and naturally how you do in your exams.

Don't give up hope. If you are getting 90s, your doing something right.
I am sure you will do better then you expect.

star8jelly

HSC
question...

honestly...for all those that have already gone thru the HSC... is it hard to get 85 UAI and over..i need to get over 84.35 and i'm doing alright in school. I just want to get that mark or over for the course i wanna do at uni... i was just wonderin if it is hard to get that..????

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
star8jelly said:
honestly...for all those that have already gone thru the HSC... is it hard to get 85 UAI and over..i need to get over 84.35 and i'm doing alright in school. I just want to get that mark or over for the course i wanna do at uni... i was just wonderin if it is hard to get that..????
I wouldn't say that's that simple. Personally, I think it would be unreasonable for me to get lower than 90, but that's affected by the school I attend, and my parents, who are quite strict. There are also people who breeze through the HSC with 99.97. It depends on your subjects, school, and your level of achievement throughout high school.

If you're confident with your studies and can get say, above 70% (just an educated guess :p) for all your assessments, then you should have no problem getting over 85. Again, don't take my word for it because I don't know what school you go to, or what subjects you do.

Try SAM. Enter your assessment/half-yearly marks and you'll get an estimate of your UAI. It's not always accurate, but it isn't way off. ;)

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
oh:( thats really really bad...i just did my average for all my assessments and my half yearlys...and i got a REALLY terrible UAI mark...is it too late to put my head down and bum up! i only want a UAI of about 65-70..what marks on average should i need to get that UAI if anyone can help me..???

FinalFantasy

HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
oh:( thats really really bad...i just did my average for all my assessments and my half yearlys...and i got a REALLY terrible UAI mark...is it too late to put my head down and bum up! i only want a UAI of about 65-70..what marks on average should i need to get that UAI if anyone can help me..???
it's no way too late, u can get 70 easily if u put effort in from now!!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
star8jelly said:
Dont Worry! Your school's a good one and if you work hard then you will be able to achieve that easily. Just think about it this way, u have ~90 days until the HSC then 4 MONTHS HOLIDAY!!!! So work your butt off and I'm sure you'll get that as judging by your subjects you seem pretty smart ;).

Buena Suerte ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)