Do i have to pass every single assessment? (1 Viewer)

raven1

HSC
Hi,

Im gonna fuck up Torts and Intro to Law assignments. So im just wondering, do I have to pass every single assessment???

Last edited:

raven1

HSC
even if i get close to zero for one of the assessments?

L

LaraB

you only need to pass every assessment if you'r eon scholarships or whatever..

otherwise, you have to get an overall pass mark..

so following that logic, eg torts - u could get 0 for the assignment and still pass if you got 50/65 for the exam

and dont forget - intro we still have 1 assignment as well as exam so all is not lost :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Not all subjects require you to pass each assessment. As long as you have satisified the outcomes, then you can pass the subject, even if you fail each assignment.

Jacks

HSC
as has been said you don't usually fail overall by failing one assignment...unless you are on a scholarship, or have been told differently. Usually you only have to obtain a pass mark for the unit overall...so even if you fail an assessment you can make up for it in the next assignment etc. You do fail the subject however if you do not hand all of your assignments in...

I'm sure you won't fail your assignment though...perhaps you aren't happy with it but you should still get a pass for you attempt...if not you'll have plenty of time to make it up. :)

raven1

HSC
If you do not hand all of your assignments in, u fail?

I thought u just get zero and thats it. e.g. assignment is 20%. if i dont hand it in i lose 20%, but hand in other assessments in that course? is that correct

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
depends on the unit... most, if not all, require that you at least satisfactorily attempt each assessment.

raven1

HSC
i just CBF submitting one of the assignments. its too hard and im just tired after working and doing other assignments

i know its stupid but i alway leave shit till hte last minute :chainsaw: ..damn. so that why im wondering if dont submit the assignment, will the Uni automatically fail me?

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Don't quote me on this but: if you don't submit it then its a fail, however if you do submit it and its not good then you may recieve a fail grade.

I would submit 'something' if it is compulsory even though I haven't done it very well or its half done..etc. etc. Since it will at least allow u do realize what you should do to avoid such a situation again.

I'm in the same situation as you...got tests coming up next week haven't done ne studying...leave everything till last minute. And I haven't been a very good law scholar either...my assignments were half assed..

L

LaraB

UWS rule is if you dont hand stuff in you get 0%

i mean. think about it - you lose 10% per day you dont hand it in, so if you never hand it in its gonna reach 0 eventually

if you get 0% for every assessment, depending on ur subject you may fail, but i'm yet to hear of any units that still allows you to pass if you havent attempted any assessments....

if you're not sure call the student centre dude:) they're really helpful:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Sorry, but if you cbf doing an assignment why are you bothering at uni? Assignments aren't that hard, ask your lecturer and tutor for help.

Jacks

HSC
I agree not handing in an assignment at all is a very bad move...at least attempt it even if it's not that fabulous...check the unit outline for that subject to check what the policy is...but you can't get any worse than a 0 or a fail so hand something in at least and there's a pretty big chance you'll at least better that!
We all get tired from doing assignments, but it's part of uni...you just do the best you can...:)

Jonathan A

HSC
raven1 said:
Hi,

Im gonna fuck up Torts and Intro to Law assignments. So im just wondering, do I have to pass every single assessment???

Generally all you need is a cumulative pass from all assessments, that is when added up, you should have a final mark of 50 or above. Do note torts has a 30 out of 65 requirement.

raven1

HSC
hi lara,

Cant Be Fucked

but because its rude to swear in front of Ladies...its better to use CBF!!!!!!!

CBF, CBF,CBF

theone123

blue essence
HSC
LaraB said:
you only need to pass every assessment if you'r eon scholarships or whatever..

otherwise, you have to get an overall pass mark..

so following that logic, eg torts - u could get 0 for the assignment and still pass if you got 50/65 for the exam

and dont forget - intro we still have 1 assignment as well as exam so all is not lost :p
i had a friend who was failing b4 the final exam and got 95% in the final exam and got a distinction overall :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)